Grand Marquis Discuss the Mercury Grand Marquis here...

HIWAY MILEAGE

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 11:10 AM

what gas mileage does everybody get and how fast do you drive on expressway? the best I have gotten this summer is 33.4 I was getting 30+ just about every weekend, now it's hard to get 30. check this out http://www.lubedev.com/smartgas/sabotage.htm how happy are you to hear of this? I WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER AMERICAN CAR.

Old 09-18-2007, 03:17 PM

< =>
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//-->
</>
On a 500 mile trip, I only got 23.7 MPG (calculated). The trip computer indicated 24.6.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:43 PM

about 25 hwy, 20 city and very happy with it... I calculate every fillup. A few tanks hwy i'm running maybe 23 but thats going 75 or so with take-off's not exactly like grandpa [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

Old 12-04-2007, 04:02 PM

About the same as everyone else. I can get 21-22 in town, back and forth to work... but a fair chunk of that is highway. When I'm on a true road trip, it's usually in the 26-27 mpg range, at or slightly above the speed limit of 70-75 mph. I suppose I could squeeze 30 out of it, if I tried. (Not very likely)

I fill my tank and manually calculate it for every tankfull. For the most part, the trip computer is usually a little optimistic, but I've seen it on the low side as well.

Old 12-04-2007, 06:26 PM

</>lately mine's been down a bit but I've been running around 75 or so and trying to beat everyone at the red light hahha

Edited by: 20marquis07

Old 12-10-2007, 09:50 AM

check out this site to help you get better fuel mileage. http://www.lubedev.com/smartgas/I use acetone in my gas and it helps in many ways. my tail pipe has no black soot like many other cars that I see. it cleans your engine, gives better mileage.

Old 12-10-2007, 04:30 PM

cost me $500 a month to run that big one, so went out today and bought me another chevy. figured i better stick with the poor man's cars.... not planning on getting another big one again in a good while.

Getting 15 mpg hwy was too much for me. the 3400/3500 V6 from GM getting 34 - 36 mpg so that was my only out...

Old 12-10-2007, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by P.K.
&lt; src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/&gt; </>check out this site to help you get better fuel mileage. http://www.lubedev.com/smartgas/I use acetone in my gas and it helps in many ways. my tail pipe has no black soot like many other cars that I see. it cleans your engine, gives better mileage. &lt; =text/&gt; _uacct = "UA-939292-45"; urchinTracker(); </>
< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>

< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-45";
urchinTracker();
</>

Sounds like snake oil to me. I read a few paragraphs of the link, rambling chemo-babble, IMHO.

Have you actually figured what mileage gain you are getting? Have you compared cost including the snake oil? (i.e. $/mile vs. $/mile)

my tail pipe has no black soot like many other cars that I see

Are you sure that is good? It maybe in your engine......[img]smileys/smiley11.gif[/img]

If you have a late model car that you care about, don't add questionable crap to the gas.....there are a dozen sensors in that engine that you could cause to malfunction.

Say you drive 1000 miles a month, and you THINK this snake oil improves your milage from 30 to 33. That is about $9 a MONTH you are saving. How much is a bottle of this stuff and how many did you buy in a month??[img]smileys/smiley3.gif[/img]

Old 12-12-2007, 08:46 AM

I am getting 17mpg in mostly city driving. since it has a 19 gallon tank(compared to my trucks 26 gallon tank)I have to fill it up about twice a week.

Old 12-19-2007, 12:03 AM

18 city(lead foor assisted.custom of course HAHA) and about 25 highway is the best ive gotten highway and best city was 20 even so not bad for a mildly modded engine.

new quote:

"I dont have a Girlfreind, I HAVE A GRAND MARQUIS"

-cheers

Quick Reply: HIWAY MILEAGE