Grand Marquis Discuss the Mercury Grand Marquis here...

Electrical Problems Galore HELP

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 11:06 PM

ok guys i got a 92 gs, now first off i am having a power surge. It seems not to be as noticeable while driving, but when i do drive i notice it seems to be a rough shift or miss, and my clock shows the date and time again and my radio goes off and back on, like the whole car had a surge of elcetric componants.then i would say it does it maybe every 10 mins or so. the radio 90% of the time does not turn off while the engine is on, that mainly happens when the engine is off and key back. but like i said i notice a surge, and my clock resets like i turned the key off and back on.

second thing on the list. my wipers. the symptoms started off with them intermitenly working and me having to rotate the turn signal switch mulitple times to make them work. Then they started not going down into the hood when i shut the **** switch off, i had to switch it back and forth fast multiple times to get them to go down. Now they dont work at all. Not even the button on the end for the washer fluid.

third thing on the list.may dash seems to have bad connections. my speedometer doesnt work less i jam the dash with my fist, my gas, light, oil light dont work, and who knows what else dont work. far as i know my gas gauge still works.

also, new battery, spark plugs, wires, and remanufactred alternator. still having all these symtoms.

if any body could help me asap please write back. I need wipers.