MF Help & Suggestion Center Need help with MF? Ask... Have a suggestion to better MF? Tell us here...

Suggestion - General Mercury Discussion

Old 08-25-2008, 06:25 PM

I was hoping to post a topic about the direction Mercury is headed, but I couldn''t find a good place to post it. It seems all of the discussions are very specific. What if at the top of the Mercury Line Up, we started a section for general Mercury discussion. I think this could open to a better understanding of the brand and give the Milan people a chance to exchange ideas with the Grand Marquis people and so forth.

If that is already available and I am just having a slow day, please let me know where it''s at?

Old 08-26-2008, 11:36 PM

good idea. this could work

Old 09-01-2008, 09:01 PM

I think Mercury is going wherever Ford drags them!

Old 09-02-2008, 12:14 AM

this is true, but sales show that mercury grand marquis has actually been holding both of them above water. Ford can drag, but mercury is doing all the work to make them money

Old 09-02-2008, 02:22 PM

Are you saying that the G.M. is Ford/Lincoln/Mercury''s best seller? I highly doubt that. They sell more C.V.''s to police depts.

Old 09-03-2008, 09:15 AM

the GM is mercurys best all time selling car

Old 09-03-2008, 09:17 AM

the crownn vic is out sold by the ford truck for ford sales. ther gm is mercurys best selling car.

I am not sure of CV compared to GM since they are about the same car. I was speaking of the sales for each maker

Old 09-03-2008, 12:28 PM

I think I ment the Gm is the all time best seller of both. remember chevy ws the best selling car for police in the 80''s and up untill the mid 90''s. the CV has only had a decade of police lineup.

The mercury GM is the best all time seller of ford and mercury

Old 09-03-2008, 08:03 PM

I beg to differ. Only a handful of police dept.''s took stock in the Caprice Classic and that was for a short peroid in the late eighties to early ninties. And I''d put money on the Sable being Mercury''s best seller for the last 20 yrs. And one more thing, eveyone knows the F-150 was the best selling truck for three decades. Plus, the Taurus outsold the Camry and Accord as the U.S.''s best selling car for many of those years, too. So I don''t think the Grand Marquis has or had any bearing on keeping the Ford Motor Co. "above water" as you put it. If the G.M. was even in the top five of the top seller''s for the Ford Motor Co. in the last 20 yrs. I''d be suprised. But kudos to them for keeping a rear drive V-8 when everyone else dropped the concept.Edited by: conan312

Old 09-03-2008, 08:14 PM

And police dept''s were using Crown Vics since the early 80''s when they were LTDs. Even in the late 70''s after Mopar was the police cruiser of choice, they used the Fairmont. And I am old enough to remember.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Suggestion - General Mercury Discussion