MF Help & Suggestion Center Need help with MF? Ask... Have a suggestion to better MF? Tell us here...

Suggestion - General Mercury Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 09:48 PM

I remember the LTD''s . The MGM has been the best selling car in the mercury line up of all time. No a certain year, ALL TIME BEST SELLER.The f150 is a truck not a car. The sable has been out sold by the MGM, hands down. Google it. When a car company changes the name like LTD to crown vic, it is no longer the same car. To us it is but it is selling under different stats to get sales back up because they were no doing well.. And I already agreed and stated that the chevy was the 80''s to the mid 90''s police choice of car. This hurt car sales for ford and mercury. Mercury is also a police used car, not just the CV

Yes , I agree that it is cool to see a rear drive car still after all these years. It has outsold any other car in its class because of the trunk size, those old guys like to have room for the golf bags!

Old 09-03-2008, 09:51 PM

The taurus outsold the others as you stated, but that was only for its class of cars. it never outsold the MGM.

Old 09-03-2008, 11:13 PM

The F-150 is a truck? Really? LOL. Thanks for the info! All that I wrote was based on your statement that Grand Marquis sales have kept the Ford Motor Co. "afloat". Which is not true nor could you ever prove it. And if Merc sold more G.M.''s than Sables, it''s because G.M.''s have been around way, way longer. And yes, the Taurus did outsell the G.M. every year it was in production except the last 3, and that is only because they dropped it and called it the 500. And yes I researched my answer. You Google it.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:20 AM

My statement stand, the best ALL time selling car. If it is because it was around longer, well then boo hoo,ALL TIME meansit is has been around because it sells. If a company drops the name , it is o longer that car, come on DUDE, YOU KNOW THIS. The taurus outsold cars in its class. look a little further in the 130,000 google entry for the sales reports. taurus was the best sell in its class. The MGM is not in its class and it still outsold it with sale numbers.. From the time the MGM has beed produced, it has out sold the other cars we talked about hands down.

Next question please, this is getting old about sales reports. If it will make you stop replying to this one then you are correct about the cars.

Old 09-04-2008, 02:28 PM

Thank-you, I know I am correct. And don''t call me dude. Stoners say dude and you must be stoned if you think the Grand Marquis is the all-time best selling car for the Ford Motor Co. I''m trying really hard to tolerate you. But it is impossible when you are everywhere on the forum either writing a post that does nothing but up your post count or trying to convince me of something like this. I am going back to not responding to you. Case and point; a few days ago I replied to 8 different topics of which you had no posts. The next day I opened my e-mail and found 8 e-mails from the forum. I opened each one and found 8 replies, mostly meaningless comments, ALL from you. None from the original poster. It seems you are the only one posting on this site anymore. Maybe I should give up on the sight for awhile and you will go away when you top 92Mercury. At your current pace it should take a little more than a month.

Old 09-04-2008, 02:47 PM

Here we go again.

Sorry conan for stepping on your toes.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:44 PM

Old 09-04-2008, 10:45 PM