New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

reprogramming factory keyless entry code

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 04:31 PM

Purchased 2008 Mercury Sable....trying to program keyless entry code. I follow directions and disable factory code and then directions stop. I tried putting in my personal code but nothing happens.Directions are to put in the factory code...then punch and hold 3&4 while holding 3&4, press and release 7&8...while still holding 3&4, press and release 7&8 a second time...release 3&4...thus ends instructions...so I put in my personal code..........nothing ....bummer...any help would be appreciated...

Old 07-30-2007, 05:30 PM

Well on my Marquis it says to enter factory code, press 1-2, then enter new five digit code. Now you should have two codes, factory code and your code to operate the keypad. Pressing 3-4 after entering code will open all doors, 5-6 opens trunk.
< =>
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//-->
</>
Edited by: Duffy

Old 08-01-2007, 07:45 AM

<H2><A class="h2ing h2" style="COLOR: #000" name=Programming_a_personal_entry_code>Programming a personal entry code </A></H2>

The factory set code cannot be reprogrammed but you can create your own 5�digit personal entry code. When pressing the controls on the keypad, press the middle of the controls to ensure a good activation.

Up to three personal entry codes may be programmed to the vehicle. To create your own personal entry code:

<UL>
<LI>1. Enter the factory set code.
<LI>2. Within five seconds press the 1 � 2 on the keypad.
<LI>3. Enter your personal 5-digit code. Each number must be entered within five seconds of each other.
<LI>4. Press 1 � 2, 3 � 4 or 5 � 6 to indicate which of the three personal entry code positions you wish to use.
<LI>5. The doors will again lock then unlock to confirm that your personal key code has been programmed to the module. </LI>[/list]

Tips:
<UL>
<LI>Do not set a code that uses five of the same number.
<LI>Do not use five numbers in sequential order.
<LI>The factory set code will work even if you have set your own personal code.
<LI>If you program a code to a position that already contains a set code, the previously-set code will be erased. </LI>[/list]

<H2><A class="h2ing h2" style="COLOR: #000" name=Erasing_personal_code>Erasing personal code </A></H2>

<UL>
<LI>1. Enter the factory set 5�digit code.
<LI>2. Within five seconds, press the 1 � 2 on the keypad and release.
<LI>3. Press and hold the 1 � 2 for two seconds. This must be done within five seconds of completing Step 2. </LI>[/list]

All personal codes are now erased and only the factory set 5�digit code will work.

<H2><A class="h2ing h2" style="COLOR: #000" name=Anti-scan_feature>Anti-scan feature </A></H2>

If the wrong code has been entered 7 times (35 consecutive button presses), the keypad will go into an anti-scan mode. This mode disables the keypad for one minute and the keypad lamp will flash.

<H2><A class="h2ing h2" style="COLOR: #000" name=The_anti-scan_feature_will_turn_off_after>The anti-scan feature will turn off after </A></H2>
<UL>
<LI>One minute of keypad inactivity.
<LI>Pressing the UNLOCK control on the remote entry transmitter.
<LI>The ignition is turned to the 3 (ON) position. </LI>[/list]

<H2><A class="h2ing h2" style="COLOR: #000" name=Unlocking_and_locking_the_doors,_liftgate_and _liftgate_window_using_keyless_entry>Unlocking and locking the doors, liftgate and liftgate window using keyless entry </A></H2>

<UL>
<LI>To unlock the driver�s door, enter the factory set 5-digit code or one of the vehicle�s personal codes.
<LI>Each number must be pressed within five seconds of each other. The interior lamps will illuminate.
<LI>To unlock all doors and liftgate, press the 3 � 4 control within five seconds.
<LI>To open the liftgate window, press the 5 � 6 control within five seconds.
<LI>To lock all doors, liftgate and liftgate window, press the 7 � 8 and the 9 � 0 at the same time. </LI>[/list]

<UL>
<LI>Note: The driver�s door must be closed. You do not need to enter the keypad code first. </LI>[/list]

<H2><A class="h2ing h2" style="COLOR: #000" name=Deactivating/activating_autolock>Deactivating/activating autolock </A></H2>

<UL>
<LI>Your vehicle comes with the autolock feature enabled. </LI>[/list]

Note: The autolock feature can be activated/deactivated independently of the autounlock feature.

Before following the activation or deactivation procedures, make sure that the anti-theft system is not armed, ignition is in the 1 (OFF/LOCK)position, and all vehicle doors, liftgate and liftgate window are closed.

*Keyless entry key pad procedure
<UL>
<LI>1. Turn the ignition to the 1 (OFF/LOCK) position.
<LI>2. Close all doors, the liftgate and liftgate window.
<LI>3. Enter 5�digit entry code
<LI>4. Press and hold the 3 � 4. While holding the 3 � 4 press the 7 � 8.
<LI>5. Release the 7 � 8.
<LI>6. Release the 3 � 4. </LI>[/list]

The user should receive a horn chirp to indicate the system has been disabled or a chirp followed by a honk to indicate the system has been enabled.

Autounlock The autounlock feature will unlock all the doors when: � the ignition is in the 3 (ON) position, all the doors are closed, and the vehicle has been in motion at a speed greater than 12 mph (20 km/h); � the vehicle has then come to a stop and the ignition is turned to the 1 (OFF/LOCK) or 2 (ACC) position; and � the driver door is opened within 10 minutes of the ignition being transitioned to the 1 (OFF/LOCK) or 2 (ACC) position.

Note: The doors will not autounlock if the vehicle has been electronically locked before the driver door is opened.

<H2><A class="h2ing h2" style="COLOR: #000" name=Deactivating/activating_autounlock_-_Keyless_entry_key_pad_procedure>Deactivating/activating autounlock - Keyless entry key pad procedure </A></H2>Your vehicle comes with the autounlock feature activated.

<UL>
<LI>1. Turn the ignition to the 1 (OFF/LOCK) position.
<LI>2. Close all doors, the liftgate and liftgate window.
<LI>3. Enter 5�digit entry code
<LI>4. Press and hold the 3 � 4. While holding the 3 � 4 press the 7 � 8 twice.
<LI>5. Release the 7 � 8.
<LI>6. Release the 3 � 4. </LI>[/list]

The user should receive a horn chirp to indicate the system has been disabled or a chirp followed by a honk to indicate the system has been enabled.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:40 AM

how can i programmed my remote control (fob), and why my keypad doesn´t work?
the once what work is, when i touch the pad, the illumination on the pad and inside is flash