Mountaineer Discuss the Mercury Mountaineer here...

Keyless Entry Code module location

Old 04-25-2007, 11:16 PM

I just purchased a 2005 Mountaineer with 15k miles!!!. There was no keyless entry code in the manual ora glove box card. Dealer does not know the code either. Where can I find the module that has the 5 digit code on it? Of course the dealer doesn't know this either. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Old 04-26-2007, 06:54 PM

Try calling the Mercury. their costumer service should tell you the numebr if you give them the VIN#. Good luck

Old 05-17-2007, 08:35 AM

Sorry bkbigfoot your answer does not work, because anyone can get a VIN number a get your code. I called around and dealers was willing to electronically connect a device to my Mountaineer to find the code for around $75-$125. Do not be fooled by this big lie. Here is the real answer and it is FREE!!! A user name Rakel posted this and it works. Thanks Rakel [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
Open the right/rear door. Fold the right/rear seat down. Carefully pull the trim panel where the right/rear seat belt pivot/height adjuster is housed. Once removed, pull the trim panel below that in order to expose the Vehicle Security Module (the module that controls the electronic locking system for your vehicle) that has the three electrical connectors plugged into it. The connectors are coloured green, grey, and blue. On the module there is a label with the engineering number similar to 5L2T-15K602-EA. You will also see FIVElargenumbers. Those FIVE large numbers are your Keyless entry keypad code. Once you know your kepad code, you can test its operation by first entering the FIVE digit kepad code to unlock the driver door, and then pressing the 3/4 button within 5 seconds to unlock ALL doors. Pressing the 5/6 button within 5 seconds after entering the code will unlock the lifgate glass. Pressing the 7/8 and 9/0 buttons simultaneously at any time will lock ALL doors. Hope this helps.

Old 05-30-2008, 08:58 AM

[img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]Thanks a bunch!!! I was able to get to keypad code on my '04 Mountaineer I bought used.

Old 07-26-2008, 11:44 PM

I just bought a 2002 Mountaineer, I will be trying this tomorrow for sure. Thanks!

Old 08-20-2008, 11:15 PM

great job reborn!![img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]now that is great help. keep up the good work and welcome to the forum

Old 08-24-2008, 05:42 PM

Hey reborn.

I had the same problem with my 03 mountaineer. one day I was replacing my factory subwoofer and found the code. you have to take off the back passanger side panel. It will be on a sticker on a mod. close to the pass side back door.

hope this helps

Old 09-16-2008, 03:24 PM

some pictures would help im having some trouble still finding where all this is

Old 01-20-2009, 02:59 PM

Many thanks rebornand Rakel, I appreciate it, just bought an 04 and the card i got with it had the wrong code!!, was driving me nuts, I had tried resetting it and everything else and nothing worked. found the code on the security module and it worked great, changed it to the one on the wallet card that came with it that was wrong in the first place so I won''t lose it(I will anyways) Thanks again.

Old 04-02-2011, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Reborn
Sorry bkbigfoot your answer does not work, because anyone can get a VIN number a get your code. I called around and dealers was willing to electronically connect a device to my Mountaineer to find the code for around $75-$125. Do not be fooled by this big lie. Here is the real answer and it is FREE!!! A user name Rakel posted this and it works. Thanks Rakel [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
Open the right/rear door. Fold the right/rear seat down. Carefully pull the trim panel where the right/rear seat belt pivot/height adjuster is housed. Once removed, pull the trim panel below that in order to expose the Vehicle Security Module (the module that controls the electronic locking system for your vehicle) that has the three electrical connectors plugged into it. The connectors are coloured green, grey, and blue. On the module there is a label with the engineering number similar to 5L2T-15K602-EA. You will also see FIVElargenumbers. Those FIVE large numbers are your Keyless entry keypad code. Once you know your kepad code, you can test its operation by first entering the FIVE digit kepad code to unlock the driver door, and then pressing the 3/4 button within 5 seconds to unlock ALL doors. Pressing the 5/6 button within 5 seconds after entering the code will unlock the lifgate glass. Pressing the 7/8 and 9/0 buttons simultaneously at any time will lock ALL doors. Hope this helps.

Thanks that worked like a champ. I should have taken photos but it is easy I didn't feel the need.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Keyless Entry Code module location