Grand Marquis Discuss the Mercury Grand Marquis here...

battery light coming on?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 12:08 AM

I am having the same problem as Vadancer with the battery light intermittently coming on. Mine flickers and stays on for 1-2 minutes at a time. My belt and tensioner are just fine. I am also having trouble with programming a remote to my 1998 mercury grand marquis, any help would be great.

Old 01-02-2006, 09:58 PM

Hi, Almightyzulu.
I cannot help you with the battery light since I haven't seen a post by Vadancer to let us know if and how he resolved it. All I know is the simple fact that the battery light comes on when the battery is not receiving its propercharge and the battery is charged by thealternator so logically that's where the problem is coming from. Could it be a bad sensor that's telling the car the battery is not charging correctly when it actually is?May I try helping you to program your remote? Do you have a manual for you car? If not, I could write for you the instructions in my manual for a 2003 Grand Marquis. I don't know if it'll work,butit's possible the procedure hasn't changed and it's worth atry. Consider first the ignition has 5 positions2 being the position in which you insert the key to start the car and the 5th position to turn the engine. Following are the instructions to program the remote as stated in mymanual: Place the key in the ignition and turn from position 2 (Lock) to 3 (Off) and cycle between 3 (off) and 4 (on) four times in rapid succession within 3 seconds. After doors lock/unlock, press any control on the remote. When completed, turn the ignition to position 3 (off). Let me know if it works! Edited by: AngelD

Old 03-15-2014, 11:57 AM
Default remote will not program?

I have tried everything I have read on how to program the remote even dealership, which it would not program. bought a new one from the dealer, they attempted to program it, including under the driver side hookup and still couldn't get it to program. He went through the system, everything work, yet remote would not program. He said maybe a non commutation between car and remote. Maybe in the antenna? I don't know where any of this in so I now have 3 trainable remotes and still looking for suggestions for getting them trained to my car.