New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

New member, happy to be here!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 08:44 AM
Default New member, happy to be here!

Hi, I am the owner of a 2004 Mercury Sable GS, I purchased it recently when I bought it the car had 117,000 miles on it and it runs and drives like a new car. I love this car! One of the features that I really liked was that when I unlocked the car via the remote the head and tail lights would come on along with the marker lights on the mirrors. I was sitting in the car one day arming and disarming the car, I wanted to test the factory alarm. Since that day the head and tail lights don't come on anymore, but the marker lights still do. Sometimes my daughter takes the car and I liked the security it gave her, and the family too. It also helps me find the car when its dark out. I have read the manual and I cannot find anything about this situation anywhere. I do not have any advanced headlight control, they are either off, parking lights, or headlights. Its our third car, mostly for the kids but I really love this car. I got a great deal and a great car, couldn't be happier with purchase. Compared to its brother the Taurus my Mercury is a better car, at least visually, I know about the only difference is the name and the trim but the Mercury is a better car in my opinion. If anyone knows how to get the head and tail lights to come on when car is unlocked via the remote I would really appreciate it. I look forward to sharing my knowledge with forum, as well.

Thank you,
2004SableGS

Last edited by 2004SableGS; 09-25-2014 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Added more informatiion