Mountaineer Discuss the Mercury Mountaineer here...

Keyless Entry Code module location

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 05:03 PM

Reborn, On my 2008 Mountaineer, there is no "trim panel where the right/rear seat belt pivot/height adjuster is housed". AM I looking in the right spot for my factory keeyless code?

Old 01-28-2012, 06:12 PM
Default how do I find the code, how do I get the panel off?

I have been trying for hours to remove this pannel without ruining my vehicle. I have the code for my 2004 vehicle, but my friend has a 2005 mountaineer and does not have the code. I found the colored plugs on the module, but cant get near it or see the side of it to see if there is a number on it or not. The dealership wants $40 to retrieve the code. They said they can hook up to a machine and get it.

Originally Posted by Reborn
Sorry bkbigfoot your answer does not work, because anyone can get a VIN number a get your code. I called around and dealers was willing to electronically connect a device to my Mountaineer to find the code for around $75-$125. Do not be fooled by this big lie. Here is the real answer and it is FREE!!! A user name Rakel posted this and it works. Thanks Rakel [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
Open the right/rear door. Fold the right/rear seat down. Carefully pull the trim panel where the right/rear seat belt pivot/height adjuster is housed. Once removed, pull the trim panel below that in order to expose the Vehicle Security Module (the module that controls the electronic locking system for your vehicle) that has the three electrical connectors plugged into it. The connectors are coloured green, grey, and blue. On the module there is a label with the engineering number similar to 5L2T-15K602-EA. You will also see FIVElargenumbers. Those FIVE large numbers are your Keyless entry keypad code. Once you know your kepad code, you can test its operation by first entering the FIVE digit kepad code to unlock the driver door, and then pressing the 3/4 button within 5 seconds to unlock ALL doors. Pressing the 5/6 button within 5 seconds after entering the code will unlock the lifgate glass. Pressing the 7/8 and 9/0 buttons simultaneously at any time will lock ALL doors. Hope this helps.

Old 01-28-2012, 08:12 PM
Default yea! its there! it works!!!

I have a 2004 mountaineer and I already had the code, but I have a friend with a 2005 mountaineer and she does not have the code. I thought I would check in the spot described below in my vehicle, and the code is definately there. It is very hard to get to. I used a table knife as a mirror to see the side of the module. I am very thrilled that it works

Originally Posted by Reborn
Sorry bkbigfoot your answer does not work, because anyone can get a VIN number a get your code. I called around and dealers was willing to electronically connect a device to my Mountaineer to find the code for around $75-$125. Do not be fooled by this big lie. Here is the real answer and it is FREE!!! A user name Rakel posted this and it works. Thanks Rakel [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
Open the right/rear door. Fold the right/rear seat down. Carefully pull the trim panel where the right/rear seat belt pivot/height adjuster is housed. Once removed, pull the trim panel below that in order to expose the Vehicle Security Module (the module that controls the electronic locking system for your vehicle) that has the three electrical connectors plugged into it. The connectors are coloured green, grey, and blue. On the module there is a label with the engineering number similar to 5L2T-15K602-EA. You will also see FIVElargenumbers. Those FIVE large numbers are your Keyless entry keypad code. Once you know your kepad code, you can test its operation by first entering the FIVE digit kepad code to unlock the driver door, and then pressing the 3/4 button within 5 seconds to unlock ALL doors. Pressing the 5/6 button within 5 seconds after entering the code will unlock the lifgate glass. Pressing the 7/8 and 9/0 buttons simultaneously at any time will lock ALL doors. Hope this helps.

Old 02-18-2012, 04:37 PM

Hi guys. First post here. I just bought a 2004 Mountaineer and had to find the code. It was exactly where described. A gentle yank at the top of the bottom fascia piece where the large plastic anchor part of it juts into the metal should release enough to pry back far enough to see the number on the unit. Removing the top piece was easy.

Old 08-04-2012, 05:43 PM
Default Keyless entry programing

Does anyone know where to find the security code for my wife's 2005 Mariner? Bought it used and no card with the original factory code, dealer wants $50 to retrieve it.

Old 10-19-2012, 03:06 PM

My answer applies to the 2006 Mariner but maybe it is the same in some of the other vehicles. When I could not find the code in the manual, an internet search brought me to a forum with this answer:

The computer on an 2007 Escape is down in the passenger side floor board area. It's a small black box, tucked just inside the center console on the passenger side floor area. The number is stamped on the side of the box. It took me two hours to find this in my vehicle. good luck.

I found the code on my 2006 Mariner in this location. To clarify the black box is under the dash on the passenger side toward the floor. I found mine by laying face up on the passenger side floor then looking in the direction of the back side of the radio. Box is about the length of a dollar bill. The 5 digit code is printed in white letters and is the largest text size seen. I needed a flashlight to read it.

My husband could not find it, but it took me all of about 10 seconds to locate it - once I got into position on the floor. Guess being short helps.

Old 06-14-2014, 07:21 PM

Thanks Reborn and Renkel. I just bought an 03 and your info got my keypad working on the first try.

Old 08-24-2014, 08:15 AM

There's a video posted on Youtube.com by a guy named Randy Haske that takes you through a step by step process to do this, its titled 2003 Mercury Mountaineer Door Key Pad Code