Villager Discuss the Mercury Villager here...

Failed NY emisions test

Old 05-26-2014, 06:05 PM
Default Failed NY emisions test

Hello everyone,

I'm new here and excited to be part of your community.
I recently purchased my second Villager, a 2000 Mercury Villager with 86K on the clock. It's in excellent condition n drives like a fairly new car. I purchased it from a Chevrolet dealer in NJ thinking I was safe.... I was dead wrong. The car had no CE lights on and I ran it for the required NY emissions test. It failed. According to the test it read "System Not Ready", basically need to do a drive cycle. I took it for a 20 mile drive and the CE light came on. Also, when I turn on the engine the overdrive light flashes and the cruise control doesn't work. I took it to my friends shop and he pulled out two codes: One for speed sensor and the other is for a knock sensor. I replaced the speed sensor with a genuine Ford part, but the overdrive light is still flashing when I start the car and the cruise control still doesn't work. The cruise control light comes on when I push the button, but nothing, just won't engage. Not sure what to do at this point. My dream van is turning into a nightmare.

Regards
Sam