Grand Marquis Discuss the Mercury Grand Marquis here...

2007 ls wont pickup speed hardly at all anymore.trans issue ?

Old 06-20-2021, 12:24 AM
Default 2007 ls wont pickup speed hardly at all anymore.trans issue ?

Hello everyone i have a 2007 grand marq i bought it 4 months ago. drove it for about 2 weeks then noticed it had a leak in the trans line near the rubber hose end apparently the coating on the metal line had a small slit in it water and salt must have got into it. anyways so i cut the bad piece out and put a clamp on no leaks since. i figured it was a half of quart low possiably by the time i noticed it so i topped it off.

drove it for 3 months noticed the occasional tacking out sound up to like 3-4g when someone in front of me would slow down really quick and then i would have to get the car going again i would touch the pedal and the car would seem like it would tack up then id let off the pedal quick and it would then seem like it would grab and start going again.

no banging in gears seemed like it would shift normal. then i noticed an occasional noise and tack out around corner like when i would make a turn .

today i drove about 40 mins away from home then 40 mins back next thing you know on the way back the car just dident seem like it wanted to move all the sudden i could barely reach 20 mpg and it would tack out at like 3-4 thou then all the sudden like some kind of vibration around a corner and then a wrench light came on no idea what that menti stopped for like a min pulled over and started back up and tryed to drive off again mind you im about 15 mins away from home now and the wrench light is now off i drop a couple people off and hang around for 10 mins and then head home barely made it car did not want to pick up speed at times could barely get 30 and it just would not move had 2 or 3 cars pass me till i finally got up to 50. I just bought a filter today had planned on changing it tomorrow and topping off leaving out the extra quart that it was over .

Is it just the rear end or is the tranny completely toast it has 150000 miles on it I put a scan tool on it and fired up the forscan app did not see anything weird except a p0732 code checked both solenoids this was with a key on test not running and it said solenoid 2 off