I recently purchased a 2010 Milan Premium and I don't have the card showing the factory keyless entry code for the door panel. I understand that this code is available in a location under the dash or possibly in the trunk. Does anyone know the exact location/module on which this code is stamped. Thanks!!!!
And the answer is: On the left hand side, under the dash ... there's a fuse box or module in the fuse box area with a multi wire connector plugged into a jack. Just above that jack/connector is a white label with a black bar code and a five digit number also in black above it. You need a flashlight and mirror to find it ... I used a small inspection mirror ... but any mirror you can get in there should work. It does take some gymnastic skills to get in up under the dash, but it's easily doable and will save you a hundred dollar trip to the Ford garage for them to plug the car in and find it electronically. As far as finding it, the five digit number is the key here. There's several places with four digit numbers, or serial numbers, but it's the five digit number you're looking for. I just figured I'd reply to my own post to help anyone else looking for the keyless entry code. Hope this helps someone else! Good hunting!
Whoops, forgot to mention that the manual says you to put your own personal five digit code in, but no matter what the code has been changed to, the factory code is always present. So even if someone else did program their own, the factory code will still be valid. In order to put your own personal code in, you need the factory preset one to do so.
Procedure from manual (You can program up to three personal codes):
Programming a personal entry code
To create your own personal entry code:
1. Enter the factory set code.
2. Within five seconds press the 1 • 2 on the keypad.
3. Enter your personal 5-digit code. Each number must be entered
within five seconds of each other.
4. The doors will lock then unlock to confirm that your personal keycode
has been programmed to the module.
• Do not set a code that uses five of the same number.
• Do not use five numbers in sequential order.
• The factory set code will work even if you have set your own personal
Erasing personal code
1. Enter the factory set 5–digit code.
2. Within five seconds, press the 1 • 2 on the keypad and release.
3. Press and hold the 1 • 2 for two seconds. This must be done within
five seconds of completing Step 2.
All personal codes are now erased and only the factory set 5–digit code