Tires What skins are you rollin' around on...? Discuss wrapping your rims in here...

Blizzak Snow Tires

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 12:28 AM
Default Blizzak Snow Tires

I just completed a 5,300 mile trip from Washington State To Texas & the tires did fine. The MGM averaged 28 mpg which isn't bad for snow tires. I didn't hit any snow so I still can't tell you how they perform on snow or ice. They did fine on the hiway, altho I kept my speed down to 65 mph.

Old 11-23-2010, 11:42 PM
Default Bridgestone Blizzaks pass test

Here in Tacoma WA. we had a snow storm. I was kind of disappointed that the snow wasn't slippery. Then I noticed other cars were having trouble maintaining traction. The fact is the snow was slippery, the Blizzaks just have very good traction in the stuff, better than my studded tires had. The tires are very good in snow & even on our now icy streets they are performing very well.

These tires are on my 09 Grand Marquis, & for it to outperform the front wheel drive cars with these tires says something. I notice other cars were having trouble going & even 4x4 were having trouble stopping & I wasn't having trouble stopping. I have the Blizzaks on all 4 wheels is why I wasn't having trouble stopping. On a scale of 1-10 they are about a 12.

Old 08-06-2011, 05:23 AM

i have heard of blizzak snow tires before

Old 10-29-2011, 04:52 PM
Default looking for snow tires for my mgm

I'm looking for some snow tires for my MGM. The fellow at Mr Tire said something interesting about the Blizzaks. In his opinion they are great snow tires but....the have a softer rubber which gives them great traction but not great longevity. Especially in my climate where we don't get much snow but definitely get socked in sometimes. I'm looking for a harder compound.

Old 10-31-2011, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by karmakvisser
I'm looking for some snow tires for my MGM. The fellow at Mr Tire said something interesting about the Blizzaks. In his opinion they are great snow tires but....the have a softer rubber which gives them great traction but not great longevity. Especially in my climate where we don't get much snow but definitely get socked in sometimes. I'm looking for a harder compound.
While you can't have it both ways. You either want a snow tire or you don't. The softer rubber is what gives it the traction. You give up longevity for traction or give up traction for longevity. It would be nice to have both, but so far nobody has that rubber compound figured out.