Mercury  Forum - Mercury Enthusiasts Forums

Mercury Forum - Mercury Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.mercuryforum.com/forum/)
-   Cougar (https://www.mercuryforum.com/forum/cougar-18/)
-   -   For Sale: 1990 Mercury Cougar FOR PARTS! (https://www.mercuryforum.com/forum/cougar-18/sale-1990-mercury-cougar-parts-3477/)

k8cpa 10-24-2009 02:46 PM

For Sale: 1990 Mercury Cougar FOR PARTS!

Hi Gang,

I have for sale, A 1990 Mercury Cougar. It has the 3.8 V6 in it.

I am selling it for parts. It has a ton of issues:

1. Front End - A-Arm is shot
2. Passenger Side power window actuator, (not the motor!) is rusted and busted, window will not roll down...
3. Heater fan only runs on high. (part is on passenger side, under the dashboard...)

4. Fuel Filter is rusted though, leaks.
5. Rear main seal is leaking

The good stuff!

1. Motor's Heads have been replaced, so, one could use that motor again. Just drop in a new seal and you are good.

TRANSMISSION WAS REBUILT IN 2005! It can be reused in another car.

All wiring is good, lights, signals and such work.

I can't drive it far, because of the front end issues. I am unemployed and cannot afford to fix it up. So, I am selling it, and plus, the insurance on the thing went up to over 150 bucks and I just cannot justify paying that a month for a car that is basically no good to me.

I would like to either sell it to someone who would like to restore it, or use it for parts and scrap out the body.

If you are truly interested, and please no games guys, I got to get rid of this thing by 3'rd of November.... Please contact me by the following:

e-mail: tpblogeditor at gmail dot com

Sorry, I'd give out my number, but it's not mine to give out. I monitor that email address daily.

I am located in Lincoln Park, Michigan -- which is about 15 miles south of Detroit.

If you are interested, drop me a line and I'll get with you.

Asking $600.00 or best offer on the car. It cost me that to rebuild that transmission.

Thanks!

-Chuck

slymer 10-25-2009 10:35 AM

I'd break up your email address so you don't get spammed incessantly... like user at provider dot com.

other than that, good luck selling it. sounds like it could be fixed up for not much really (the main seal being the worst of it all).

k8cpa 10-25-2009 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by slymer (Post 11744)
I'd break up your email address so you don't get spammed incessantly... like user at provider dot com.

other than that, good luck selling it. sounds like it could be fixed up for not much really (the main seal being the worst of it all).

Thanks. I did. I wish I could find someone to buy this dad-blasted car! :(

Michael 11-23-2009 11:35 AM

Are you parting it out? I am looking for a couple of parts for my 97; has the 'green' interior.

Aftedia09 12-13-2009 08:37 AM

For Sale 1990 Mercury Cougar FOR PARTS

Hi. Am looking for a Cougar my first and came across someone who had a 1968 Cougar GT. Does this exist? it has a 390 engine. The vin is 8F91S51XXXX. Any information would be helpful. Thanks muchMark

k8cpa 12-14-2009 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Michael (Post 12352)
Are you parting it out? I am looking for a couple of parts for my 97; has the 'green' interior.

Nope. I wanted to sell it out right. I ended up keeping the damned thing. Seeing everyone is so damned cheap and won't buy it.

But if someone comes by with the right money I'd sell it. I'd just need to find something else rather quickly.

k8cpa 11-30-2010 10:10 PM

Just an FYI...

The 1990 Cougar that I had, went to the junk yard. I got 275 for it.

Glad it got rid of it. It was a PIECE!

I could use a car now though... :(