Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here...
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

will this chip really do anything??

Old 02-09-2010, 12:44 AM
Default will this chip really do anything??

The price is so cheap, it makes me wonder...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2IN1-...item4a9dde1a63

Old 02-09-2010, 07:41 AM

from everything I can find on-line, it's a fly-by-night operation (lifetime warranty for the 3 months before they change their name again) and it doesn't work. It may trick the computer for a few days, but the computer will compensate for the false data and it may even cause problems. You're much better stumping the coin for a proper programmer.

Old 02-09-2010, 07:26 PM

yeah, I actually took the time to read EVERY single review of the seller on Ebay (too much time on my hands, lol) While damn near everybody praised the super quick shipping, I only saw about 10 reviews saying that it worked. Everything else was not installed yet, or when commenting on how they got no gain, the seller ALWAYS said that they hadn't installed it correctly. Everyone who said the product was a fail, was called a liar. I tried to email seller at the address provided, and Yahoo responded saying that the address wasn't a real address. How they sold so many is unbelievable. Thanx for your input SLYMER.. BTW, do you know of a good quality chip for a 94?

Old 02-10-2010, 06:30 AM

94 what?

Old 02-10-2010, 08:23 PM

94 Grand Marquis. I currently have 2 Flowmaster 40 series in turndowns under the middle of the car, and a K&N air filter. Sounds pretty good considering that everyone says it's a "grandma car". It's white with 5% tint all around so some people think it looks like a cop car. I'm not trying to make it super fast by any means, but a little more would be cool. Cheapest "legit" chip I found was like $240 or so from Surf City Speed. I couldn't find the link to post though, sorry

Old 02-11-2010, 01:55 PM

That sounds about right for the "code-in-a-box" chip. If you like to tweak settings yourself, give www.tweecer.com a try (it costs more, but does more too). Hypertech makes some for the crown vic of the same year (not sure if they used the same computer, but they usually do). Superchips has one for offer too (saw here: http://www.eautoworks.com/product-Su...nd_Marquis.htm).

You won't spend less than $240-250 on a performance chip from an established company unless you can find some place that stocked up on the part you need and is having a fire-sale.

Old 02-11-2010, 02:14 PM

The link you provided shows that I can expect about: HP Increase +19 hp; Torque Increase +31ft/lb
Do you think I'd really feel much increase with 19 hrspwr? I want my car to be faster under 75 mph, as I rarely drive even that fast. Thanks for your continued help

Old 02-11-2010, 06:24 PM

not really... but that's with a pure stock setup... with the pipes and intake, you may realize more. It still won't be much. For real power, you'd have to go with a more aggressive cam, port the heads, get better headers and do some real work on the engine. There is no single "this thing will give you more power" fix unless you're willing to fork the bill for NOS... but then it only works when you press the button.

Old 02-11-2010, 08:25 PM

yeah, I'm not gonna do all that. I'm MUCH MUCH MORE of an AUDIO Guy. Those $3-$400 on any of those mods, could be a new sub, amp, or radio, insulation, etc.etc.

Last edited by imfrom210texas; 02-11-2010 at 08:30 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:03 PM

In that case, the chips are your best bet for getting anything else out of it, but like you've already found out, you're not going to get out for less than $240.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: will this chip really do anything??