General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

91 G Marquise WONT SHUT OFF

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 04:17 AM

hello people. I have a 91 MArqiuse. i was driving yesterday and when i got to where i was going i turned the car off. my girl friend went inside to do what she had to do. she was in there for i think an hour...bear with me im getting there. well anyways i every ten minutes i would turn the car back on for bout 1 min., every ten minutes to warm the car up...it was like 12 degrees outside. so anyways she comes out and i goto start the car and first i hear this low beeping noise as i turn the car on. then i proceeded to complete starting the car. it started but i heard this high pich screaming noise.(thought the starter wasnt turning off) so i turned the key to off and the car continued to run and the noise also continued. so i opened the hood and disconected the negative term. the car shut off. so i tried putting the cable back on and as soon as i did the car cranked but didnt start(i had the key out). so i put the key in to run position and connected the cable. the car started and the noise continued.i then tried to disconect the cables to the the starter and the noise continued. at this point i should mention that i have a sub and amp installed and i checked the fuse and to the consant wire and its blown. also my gf said she heard the same noise when she was getting out of the car, said it sounded like a car alarm when u activate it but the low pitch kind. i would appreciateany help. im a college student and cant afford to bring it to the shop. any help is much appreciated