Mercury  Forum - Mercury Enthusiasts Forums

Mercury Forum - Mercury Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.mercuryforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.mercuryforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-12/)
-   -   Replacement Windshield Wipers For Mercury (https://www.mercuryforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-12/replacement-windshield-wipers-mercury-2836/)

Wipers123 03-27-2009 11:57 AM

Replacement Windshield Wipers For Mercury

Setting aside forgetting (to buy), procrastinating (to buy and install), and anxiety (of doing it yourself), the fact is that once you actually try to replace your own wiper blades, it will only take most people 2-15 minutes. It's so easy, you'll laugh at yourself for procrastinating and having anxiety (there's not much you can do about forgetting to buy them though - LOL).

If you have replaced them, you might be saying "Wait...that's not true - it took me a couple of hours to replace mine!?!?"

Ah...you caught me! I was just talking about the actual installation/swapping-out part, NOT including the lookup and purchase of new wipers. It's true that most people struggle actually remembering to pick them up at the store...very true...sometimes for weeks and months until a rain or snow storm reminds you (and who wants to change them in the rain or snow?)

ANYWAY... So you finally remember... Get in your car, drive to the store. Find the wiper blade section. Fumble through the paper application guide/book. Search for your size on the hooks, often finding your size out of stock. Standing in line at check out. Then driving back home. On average, this takes about an hour and makes a 2-15 minute thing an hour or longer ordeal.

Going back to the removal/installation... There are many "How To Change / Replace / Install Windshield Wipers" videos on the internet. One thing that I've found is that most instructional sources miss the most important TIME-SAVING step in the process - the purchase. The fact is that most of us grew up buying them at the store and dealing with those paper application guides and crowds and lines, etc.

Here's my tip: Next time you think about the need for new wipers, head straight to your computer and buy them on line as soon as you think of it. Simply get it done - NOW. When buying wipers online, its actually easier and saves you a ton of time and gas money. All you need is your make/model/year/engine and you're good to go. (By the way you'd need that info if you went to the store anyway)

How to find out the make, model, year and engine of your car? 1) Insurance Card/Insurance Paperwork, 2) Registration Card/Registration Paperwork, 3) Vehicle Title, 4) Owner's Manual or 5) Window Sticker (if you have it).

OK, so now I have you talked into going online to lookup and buy your wipers... There are hundreds of online stores that sell wipers which is good, but the downside is that you'll have to sift through 300,000+ auto parts to get to wipers and on your way there you'll be presented with every part under the sun for your vehicle.

You have the simple need to buy windshield wipers - as I did when I launched my company. If you want to cut to the chase online, you might want to check out my dedicated wiper blade store, www.wipers123.com - we simply sell wipers.

Honestly - I had a problem buying wipers...so I fixed it. www.wipers123.com is the only dedicated replacement windshield wiper blade superstore in the USA (probably in the world). Our mission statement is: "The fastest and easiest way to lookup and buy replacement windshield wiper blades for your vehicle."

All you will need is your vehicle information and we'll present you 3 choices that fit your vehicle - "good, better or best" - you select what you want and check out. The whole process will be clear and concise and take you a maximum of 5 minutes. Once your blades show up at your door, it not only reminds you to swap them out but since you have the product in-hand, you can choose a free 2-15 minute period when the weather is ideal to make the swap.

I've been developing the store for about 6 months now and we will be open for business in July 2009. Please give us a visit: www.wipers123.com

Thank you,
Jeff

PS: The best way to save time replacing your wipers is saving time buying them!

conan312 03-28-2009 12:08 AM

Hmmm, let me think. NO I DON'T WANT YOUR WIPERS!!!! Unless you sell a pair that wipes away your spam with no streaks.