Mercury  Forum - Mercury Enthusiasts Forums

Mercury Forum - Mercury Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.mercuryforum.com/forum/)
-   Grand Marquis (https://www.mercuryforum.com/forum/grand-marquis-14/)
-   -   03 grand marquis ls (https://www.mercuryforum.com/forum/grand-marquis-14/03-grand-marquis-ls-10230/)

Raytim28 11-16-2018 09:28 PM

03 grand marquis ls

Can any one tell me where to find mods for my 2003 grand marquis 0r what crown vic years parts match

95 MERC 11-17-2018 09:19 AM

Hello, Raytim 28, and welcome to the Mercury Forums !!
In order to help, we need to know more about your ride --
Is your Merc a GS or an LS ??
Odometer reading ??
Trailer Tow Package ??
Factory Dual Exhaust ??
City or highway driving ??
Climate -- where are you ??
Lastly, what sort of modifications are you planning ??

I have restored/modified my 95 MERC over a period of several years, with extensive changes to the suspension, and mild mods to the engine, transmission, and differential.
Click on my name to see my profile -- 12 pictures there of the 95 MERC. .

ru4mercurygm 12-16-2018 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by 95 MERC (Post 22365)
Hello, Raytim 28, and welcome to the Mercury Forums !!
In order to help, we need to know more about your ride --
Is your Merc a GS or an LS ??
Odometer reading ??
Trailer Tow Package ??
Factory Dual Exhaust ??
City or highway driving ??
Climate -- where are you ??
Lastly, what sort of modifications are you planning ??

I have restored/modified my 95 MERC over a period of several years, with extensive changes to the suspension, and mild mods to the engine, transmission, and differential.
Click on my name to see my profile -- 12 pictures there of the 95 MERC. .

i. Checked out your pictures and noticed slotted drilled rotors....
i want to do the same on my 2005 MGM..... does it improve the braking over stock and what type pads do you recommend????
You sure have a nice looking MGM 👍

95 MERC 12-16-2018 02:19 PM

High Performance Brakes

The drilled and slotted brake rotors on the 95 MERC are specialty performance products by ACDelco, made for police and other severe-service applications.
I chose these brakes for long-distance, high-speed cruising and mountain driving in the Rockies.
As installed, the brakes stop quickly and smoothly, with no shake or shudder. Pad and Rotor wear are normal, with NO squeaking.
I used NAPA's Eclipse Calipers all around, with new Raybestos Brake Hoses and D.O.T. 5.1 Hi-Temp Brake Fluid.
The ACDelco rotors were very expensive -- and are no longer available.
The best rotors currently available for your 2005 Marquis =
PowerStop - part # AR8165XPR - fits REAR - 2 pcs. @39.79 for both
PowerStop - part # AR8164XPR - fits FRONT - 2 pcs @ 50.79 for both
Police Brake Pads -- Front - Motorcraft #BRSD-678
Rear - Motorcraft #BR107B
The Pads and Rotors are available at RockAuto.com -- Great selection and great prices !!.
I get parts from Amazon.com, too -- great prices, Prime delivery, and excellent return policy, too
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mer...4ffba9458b.jpg
Right Front Brakes - Eclipse Calipers; Motorcraft Police Pads; ACDelco Drilled&Slotted Rotors; DOT 5.1 Brake Fluid; Raybestos Hoses.

ru4mercurygm 12-16-2018 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by 95 MERC (Post 22425)
The drilled and slotted brake rotors on the 95 MERC are specialty performance products by ACDelco, made for police and other severe-service applications.
I chose these brakes for long-distance, high-speed cruising and mountain driving in the Rockies.
As installed, the brakes stop quickly and smoothly, with no shake or shudder. Pad and Rotor wear are normal, with NO squeaking.
I used NAPA's Eclipse Calipers all around, with new Centric Brake Hoses and D.O.T. 4 Hi-Temp Brake Fluid.
The ACDelco rotors were very expensive -- and are no longer available.
The best rotors currently available for your 2005 Marquis =
PowerStop - part # AR8165XPR - fits REAR - 2 pcs. @39.79 for both
PowerStop - part # AR8164XPR - fits FRONT - 2 pcs @ 50.79 for both
Police Brake Pads -- Front - Motorcraft #BRSD-678
Rear - Motorcraft #BR107B
The Pads and Rotors are available at RockAuto.com -- Great selection and great prices !!.
I get parts from Amazon.com, too -- great prices, Prime delivery, and excellent return policy, too

Thanks👍

I will ill post pictures after installing the new rotors and 18 inch wheels.
Glad to have you as a go to expert on these cars.... they are beautiful large autos and I hope to keep mine running for a long time.

Cappy
Hawaii USA