Grand Marquis Discuss the Mercury Grand Marquis here...

automatic climate control

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 02:31 PM

PLEASE HELP !!!! New to the forum. I have a 2004 Mercury G/M. The automatic climate control blows air from the DEF vents, then floor vents, then dash vents, and then back again. This happens with AUTO setting, MAX A/C, NORM A/C, or VENT. What the heck is going on ????

Old 06-08-2008, 03:19 PM

is it an electronic control with buttons or do you have ***** that turn the climate control?

Old 06-09-2008, 09:12 AM

hey there, yes it has push button. Full automatic climate control.

Old 06-10-2008, 01:06 PM

Try the self-test: press OFF and FLOOR buttons simultaneously and then press the AUTOMATIC button within 2 seocnds. This will display any trouble code(s)
Exit self-test and clear codes: press the DEFROST button.

Old 06-10-2008, 01:27 PM

Cue ball, Follow what duffy said above. Ths is the information I was looking up for you. let me know if this worked.

Old 06-10-2008, 02:55 PM

Thank you gentlemen, I will try this test as soon as my wife gets the car home!!. I will tell you the results soon after. Thank you !!!!!!!!

Old 06-10-2008, 05:33 PM

Thanks for the info. I tried this, the little green bar went into search mode, but pulled no trouble code. The screen went to 888 with all other lights on . However, no change in system. I even tried pulling battery cable off, left it off for some time, then attached to see if I could clear any trouble codes. The result, nothing. Still have same problem. Does this indicate a vacuum problem somewhere????

Old 06-10-2008, 05:58 PM

Yes, this may point to a vacuum issue somewhere. The book says look at these items: Vacuum hoses kinked/pinched, No vacuum to the a/c control, Airflow door stuck, Vacuum control motors, a/c vacuum reservoir tank, a/c vacuum check valve. In other words, check all vacuum line and motors.

Old 06-10-2008, 09:31 PM

you might have to pull the fuse to the ac or heat controls when you disconnect the battery to reset the code. this should be left off for 15 minutes. the computer has a 15 minute back up powerwhen the fuse is removed. the other way is to have a scan tool reset it if this does not work.

Old 06-10-2008, 11:08 PM

Thanks Jason, I will give it a try! I really want to thank everybody for all your help with this problem.

Quick Reply: automatic climate control