Milan Discuss the newest sedan to the line up, the Mercury Milan...

2006 Mercury Milan Trans Shift to Limp mode

Old 12-11-2017, 10:21 AM
Default 2006 Mercury Milan Trans Shift to Limp mode

There has been, in the past, a lot of complaints about harsh shifts, especially when the transmission is hot and under full power. The complaints have been that the transmission shifts too hard at times. The factory is currently addressing the problem by replacing the entire valve body. The problem most likely stems from a stuck valve or warped valve body. I have been researching this AWF21 transmission developed by “AISIN AW CO.,LTD.“ •6-speed automatic transaxle. Its a likeable trans for most manufactures due to savings, however, I don't think that it was tested well before it was shipped out to customers. Therefore, I am now trying to fix my issue and was looking for some assistance in options. Currently, I have a code that SSA/SSB is not working. I am looking to purchase a sensor from the Rostra Transmission Distributors or something close to it. I found out that the trans has great information on youtube and other sites about this transmission yet I am trying to keep to resolving this issue.

Again, I am looking for any assistance in a great troubleshooting path to resolve this issue. I need it to last for 3 years of my daughters college. Wish me luck and I am looking for any help for this venture.

Steps I plan on performing myself -
1. Line Pressure Test for C1, C2, C3, B1, B2 (Reverse) somewhere in there.

Attached Thumbnails 2006 Mercury Milan Trans Shift to Limp mode-awf-21-solenoids.png   2006 Mercury Milan Trans Shift to Limp mode-valve-body-1.png   2006 Mercury Milan Trans Shift to Limp mode-valve-body-2.png   2006 Mercury Milan Trans Shift to Limp mode-awf-21-general-description-solenoids.png   2006 Mercury Milan Trans Shift to Limp mode-awf-21-transmission.jpg