Mercury  Forum - Mercury Enthusiasts Forums

Mercury Forum - Mercury Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.mercuryforum.com/forum/)
-   Milan (https://www.mercuryforum.com/forum/milan-33/)
-   -   New Milan- Warm Air Conditioner? (https://www.mercuryforum.com/forum/milan-33/new-milan-warm-air-cnditiner-1173/)

dmarietx 08-07-2007 05:54 PM

Hi-

I havea 2007 Milan. My air conditioner does not seem to be working well. Is anyone aware of any known problems with Milan's a/c?

It is mid- August in Houston, TX so I understand that the system will be running a while before noticing a difference. I do all the recomended steps (roll down windows for a while, max fan, min temp, then close windows when air begins to cool and press recirc. button) however, the air from the vents is not as cool as my minivan.

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks!

pdh_71 05-22-2008 11:17 PM

Hmmm....I just got a '01 MGM and it's ice cold.

I guess it could be the brand of refrigerant.

Have you bottomed it out anywhere? My '96 Intrepid took a dive and cracked the A/C Condenser and put a slow leak in the system...it got warmer, and warmer, and finally hot and not functioning.

Black1999Cobra 06-11-2008 11:51 AM

IT IS A PROBLEM! My 06 is in the shop right now to pick up tonight. I told them the AC isnt working. They checked it out and everything is fuctioning properly (checked pressures, etc), but it is only coming out at 58F unlike most cars that put out 42F.

They said thats how its designed. Instead of setting it to 65 and it putting out 42 air to cool the car down, the car puts out whatever you set it to. If you say 60, it puts out 60 (they measured mine to be 58)...you say 70, it puts out 70. Even the service manager says its BS...and that his 06 fusion does not do this, it puts out 42F, but his is an earlier model than mine.

He said sometime though the 06 year, they changed the way the climate control works. So now you are F''ed when its 90+F outside.

I emailed the customer care...they basically said they wont do anything. The wife called the 1-800 number, they wont do anything either...because "its working as designed".

I told them I want me $$ back. I paid for AC and didnt get any!

I have always been a very loyal Ford owner...now they got me wondering.

Black1999Cobra 06-11-2008 12:46 PM

Well, some good news. I just got off the phone with my service manager. He talked directly to the engineers at Ford last night for me. Evidently there is another sensor that the service center didnt know about. They tested it, and it is out of range. They ordered a new one and are going to install it tomorrow. I will post back with the info on this sensor if it works.

dmarietx 06-12-2008 11:17 AM

Hi Black1999Cobra,

Thanks for the reply. I have not yet taken my Milan in for AC service, but now that summer has returned to H town my kids are miserable in the back seat. Let me know what you find out and if the new sensor works!<BR itxtvisited="1">

Black1999Cobra 06-18-2008 11:26 AM

Hi dmarie! The new sensor works MUCH better.

At first they checked out the system and said everything is ok and thats how it supposed to work. I said, thats BS.

Anywho, the service manager talked to an engineer. There is a temp sensor on the evaporator. It is supposed to read between 32 and 40 F. The temp at the vents are to be within 10F of that sensor reading. My sensor was reading 50 and vents at 58. They replaced the sensor and now it reads 40 and my vents are 43.

They had no problems checking the sensor and fixing it (took a day to get the part) once they knew to check it. So when you take it in, tell them there is a temp sensor on the evaporator that they need to check.

They did mention that they had to pull the dash to get to the sensor...bad spot to put it.Edited by: Black1999Cobra

Aarons Merc 09-01-2008 06:51 PM

I have this problem only when I''m idiling. Once I get to moving it gets COLD! But if I crank it up in a spot to where I have to sit for a few it wont cool down any.