Mercury  Forum - Mercury Enthusiasts Forums

Mercury Forum - Mercury Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.mercuryforum.com/forum/)
-   Sable (https://www.mercuryforum.com/forum/sable-13/)
-   -   Rear brake line shape (https://www.mercuryforum.com/forum/sable-13/rear-brake-line-shape-6417/)

cobrahd1999 12-05-2012 09:47 AM

Rear brake line shape

Rear brake line to wheel cylinder does it have to have all those bends mine broke and need to replace it.
thanks for any help

sbills55 12-09-2012 07:41 AM

You can splice in a piece of line, or you can buy a line and bend it yourself. Check for a repair kit at local parts store.......(USA vet 69-72 MP)

cobrahd1999 12-11-2012 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by sbills55 (Post 17385)
You can splice in a piece of line, or you can buy a line and bend it yourself. Check for a repair kit at local parts store.......(USA vet 69-72 MP)

Thanks that's what I dd. I was with the corps of engineers an a draftee. lol.
This is the only car I evey had with front wheel drive I need to change the front springs and shocks where is a good place to jack it up and place jack stands to work on these parts. ts a 2000 Sable,Sorry about the stuipd question.
PS does it have a cross member

sbills55 12-12-2012 04:25 PM

look for a cross member (not radiator support) in front if not either side at jacking station (indent in pinch weld at bottom of body) you should see frame around engine area place stands there or at a frame ( box steel) to support car. Do one side at a time use good spring compressor and be careful!!! BE SAFE !!

cobrahd1999 12-12-2012 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by sbills55 (Post 17403)
look for a cross member (not radiator support) in front if not either side at jacking station (indent in pinch weld at bottom of body) you should see frame around engine area place stands there or at a frame ( box steel) to support car. Do one side at a time use good spring compressor and be careful!!! BE SAFE !!

Thanks again. Yep I am replacing th shock and spring as a complete unit a lot easier and safer. I have the seperating tool not the pickle fork that would damage the booth.
PS I forgot to thank you for your service and have a Merry Christmas.

sbills55 12-15-2012 05:15 AM

Anytime, don't forget to check alignment after. I make a mark in strut tower at the bolts so I can get close to original if posible so alignment is not to far out of wack!
MERRY CHRISMAS AND THANK YOU BROTHER!!!

cobrahd1999 12-15-2012 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by sbills55 (Post 17411)
Anytime, don't forget to check alignment after. I make a mark in strut tower at the bolts so I can get close to original if posible so alignment is not to far out of wack!
MERRY CHRISMAS AND THANK YOU BROTHER!!!

Thanks. are you talking about the lower or the up on top?

sbills55 12-17-2012 01:48 PM

At the top under the hood I make a little scracth mark in the paint to align the bolts as close as possible to original. I am not sure if the holes for the bolts on top are slotted ( for alignment) if they are this is for caster/camber wheel alignment. You should have an alignment after the strut replacment anyway. it's worth the money!!!!