window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//-->
</>
Hi all. I'm new here. My 1999 Sable sits in a parking lot as we speak, dead. I parked it, and when I went to start it up again -- nothing. That horrible dead sound of nothing. So I got a ride and came home andleft it there and am hopingto heaven that it's still there in the morning. It was my dad's car and he died four years ago so I inherited it. I miss my Honda but this was a free car and my mom doesn't drive, so I ended up with it.

Now -- what can I look fortomorrow (besides what will undoubtedly be a huge mechanic's blll). I don't think it's the battery, as my radio, lights, and horn were working fine. Plus my battery is only a year old, although it is a pretty crappy battery I must admit, bought during an emergency when I didn't have time to shop around and bought a cheapo one.

It's a four-door, automatic with 26,000 miles on it (I don't drive much). Is there anything in particular I should ask about or look for? Any help would be appreciated. Also, any hint as to how much this might cost, as I am flat broke and need to be prepared to go beg for money from friends and relatives.

Thank you!

Jo

Old 06-04-2006, 12:29 AM

first of all if you have two keys for it, make sure you are using the one with the black handle. ithas a microchip in it. but it sounds like a starter connection. maybe the ground wire. if the car is not on an incline try taking it out of park and rolling it a few feet, then put it back in park and try to restart. even try starting in neutral. if you have any mechanically inclined friends, have them make sure the connections are clean and tight. good luck.

Old 06-06-2006, 04:23 PM

I HAVE A SABLE AND A mbz my mbz 1983 had the same problem and no onecould figure it out.A friend of mine who I hadn't seen in a long time told me to check the cable ends, My car would spin over like crazy but wouldn't start.I cut the pos cable end about 4 inches and it was a green crosion, I dumped a can of coca cola on the corrosion and it fired up every time. Then I cleaned the cable end with baking soda all the way to where the corrosion ended and re wrapped the cable with elec tape and the car starts every time. I hope this helps.