Mercury  Forum - Mercury Enthusiasts Forums

Mercury Forum - Mercury Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.mercuryforum.com/forum/)
-   Villager (https://www.mercuryforum.com/forum/villager-19/)
-   -   2000 Mercury Villager Sport (https://www.mercuryforum.com/forum/villager-19/2000-mercury-villager-sport-9330/)

chazzy 09-01-2017 12:45 PM

2000 Mercury Villager Sport

I am in need of wiring info for the headlight switch. My son attempted to be a mechanic on the dashe's wiring to various circuits and now I have no switch function (had to bypass switch using a toggle switch direct to all van lamps). Problem started out only being lack of instrument cluster lamps before he "worked" on the problem.

My other questios: I remember a prev post about the Cruise Control (push switch, LED turns on, but no Cruise function). How do I fix this on this 2000?

Also, remember a prev post about A/C not working. On mine, I've recharged with new freon. Belt is good, but when pressing A/C switch to turn on and use, I never hear the compressor turn on. If clutch pulley on compressor were seized, I beleive it would show signs and/or burn up the belt (which I am not visually seeing). Any help with this will do.

Thanks in advance to anyone's help.
Chazzy :D

95 MERC 09-10-2017 10:33 AM

Yo, Chazzy !!
Locate the A/C FUSE -- and be sure it is good.
If the fuse is good, get someone to turn on the A/C while you look under the hood to see if the clutch engages.
If the clutch engages, but kicks out right away, it has lost it's charge.
You will need r-134a to fill your system. "Freon" is not for sale in the USA.
If you decide to charge the system yourself, be SURE to follow the directions carefully.
Good Luck !!

chazzy 03-01-2018 10:37 PM

multiple questions 2000 Merc Villager van

Thanks for the replies/suggestions. I still haven't found a decent wiring diagram for this. I have found several generalized diagrams that claim to be for this van but after verify color-code schemes, they don't help. But I haven't given up. I loathe the idea of spending $40-$60 for the Hayne's manual - I've look at auto parts store - just to have the electrical diagrams.

Anyway, because of the "various" versions of " 2000 Merc Villager wiring" diagrams I've tried to follow or use, now I've got an issue where I can no longer leave the battery hooked up without it dieing. My first suspicion was the starter intermittently shorting to ground (not uncommon for Ford prods) but that wasn't it. So am back to looking for decent under-dash and engine-compartment diagrams. -= Chazzy =-

Mabest 05-05-2018 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by chazzy (Post 21058)

Also, remember a prev post about A/C not working. On mine, I've recharged with new freon. Belt is good, but when pressing A/C switch to turn on and use, I never hear the compressor turn on. If clutch pulley on compressor were seized, I believe it would show signs and/or burn up the belt (which I am not visually seeing). Any help with this will do.

Chazzy :D

You need more freon. Not enough freon in the system, will not engage the clutch. Also, make sure you have adequate freon, not overfill or in alert zone. You need to s gauge to do that.