Mercury  Forum - Mercury Enthusiasts Forums

Mercury Forum - Mercury Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.mercuryforum.com/forum/)
-   Villager (https://www.mercuryforum.com/forum/villager-19/)
-   -   Alternator help (https://www.mercuryforum.com/forum/villager-19/alternator-help-2248/)

slymer 12-15-2008 03:14 PM

Let us know if you manage to get that last bolt free and how the rest of it goes.

Sandra9810 12-16-2008 05:28 PM

The car took a ride on a big tow truck... I didn''t get the final bolt free. But I did get the wires all out.
I was running against time and knew I couldn''t get it done before the 22nd. That''s the day we have to be out of the apartment. Plus we have to worry about getting all our stuff out. We''ve taken some stuff out. But it just looks like a big ol mess in our place. And the easy stuff to pack, is our every day stuff that we still need to use. And I have so many big boxes and not enough small ones to pack all the heavy stuff like books. And I''m just soo tired of looking at it all that I just want it in a box so I don''t have to see it.
So it got towed to the car care center, and they want to charge like 100$ for putting the new one in. And another 40 for the electrical test.
The guy in charge of the shop knows us well, he also knows the van well. And I''m hoping that he''ll give us a break on some of the "testing" fees. He''s done the computer test for us for free and other little things like that. He knows he''s going to get all of our business, and we trust what they do in the shop. He''s also very honest, if they see something wrong with it, they''ll tell us and then tell us thier estimated time of how long we have till it no longer works. Sometimes he''ll tell us, you''ve got about a month left on it, or you can drive it, but if it goes too long you''ll cause other damage.
Ohh and the tow truck guy got his 50$...

And of course every one thought I was nuts for even trying to do it by myself. If that stupid bar wasn''t in the way it might''ve worked...

And do I feel sorry for the guys there. Not only has the van not run for over a year. The apartment complex has a huge roach problem, and it seems like they invaded the van. So once some of the initial stuff gets done, I think we''ll have them park it outside to set a bug bomb off in it. Has any one else smelled year old disgusting gas before??

slymer 12-16-2008 07:38 PM

can''t say I''ve smelt aged gas, but I doubt it''s very nice. if you do set off a bug bomb in the car, you should probably use one of the fuming types instead of the spray type fogger. it''ll get into more places. the only problem with going that route is if they die up in the vents. then the remains may come flying out at you when you crank the A/C or defroster. they could also clog up the heater core or evaporator core (heating and A/C coils under the dash). they will eventually leave the van once it starts moving on a regular basis again. especially if you keep it clean and vacuum it on a regular basis.