Capri Discuss the Mercury Capri here...

New Car?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 01:16 PM
Default New Car?

I'm thinking about trading my car for a 92 capri. I don't know anything about a capri. My brother said it's not going to be reliable because it's been lightly modified. My boyfriend says its a great find; needless to say, I'm very confused and need to know the truth here. The guy that's trying to trade says that he was trying to modify it to be a drifting car, but my brother thinks that because he was trying to drift with a front wheel drive car, it will be poorly taken care of. Which is a valid point in my eyes... however, you can't ask me these things... I'm in need of information like what's the fuel economy on these cars? are they as reliable as a honda (that's what i have now)? am i going to have trouble finding parts for this car? because it's modified, is it going to be less reliable? I wish i knew more about these cars, but that's why i'm coming to you guys... is there any advice or help you could shoot my way? I'd appreciate your help

Old 03-24-2009, 06:49 PM

Now correct me if I am wrong but I don't think drifting is possible in a front wheel drive car. Unless you drove in reverse. LOL! But seriously, what kind of car are you giving up? I would listen to your brother. Sorry boyfriend. I think those Capri models are hard to find because of the very short production run and most are in the junkyards.

Old 03-25-2009, 12:38 PM

I would be trading a 1989 Merkur XR4TI. You Interested?? Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it.

Old 03-25-2009, 06:57 PM

No thanks. I got too many vehicles as it is, not to mention my toys. But as for the trade. It's hard to say without seeing both vehicles. Not many of either make on the roads. Is there something wrong with your car and you are looking to unload it? If you really like this Capri then have a reputible mechanic give it a once over. It might cost a few bucks but at least you'll have piece of mind. Good luck.