Capri Discuss the Mercury Capri here...

XR2 Turbo Engine for sale

Old 06-12-2009, 11:01 AM
Default XR2 Turbo Engine for sale

$250 OR BEST OFFFER!

I will have a 1991 Mercury Capri 5speed XR2 turbo engine for sale here pretty soon.
It has LOW COMPRESSION in cylinder #1.
I purchased a usd engine and I will just be replacing this one instead of rebuilding it because I don't know anything about cars!
I don't know exactly what is wrong with it because we haven't cracked it open. It could be a number of things I am told. It could be something as simple as rings, or seals or a blown headgasket or it could be something like a bad piston.
These cars are rare so I don't want to just scrap it for the metal because I know there is someone out there who could use parts off of it.
It will NOT have the turbo on it because the engine I purchased has a bad turbo so I will need to use my old one.
Please let me know if you are interested.
It could be up to a month before it would be rerady to go.

LOCAL PICKUP ONLY!

If you do not live localy and you are interested than I will accept PayPal for payment.
I will require a Non refundable deposit if you do not live localy because I don't want to get scamed or anything.
$250 obo Please e-mail me if you are interested.
It should fit 1991 1992 and 1993 I don't know for sure but I think it should fit a 1994. Please research and confirm that this will work for what you need.
My mecanic friend said I should take it apart and sell the short block seperatly but I would rather not fool with selling it in pieces. I am alredy pricing it $150 less than what he said just so someone can have the chance to restore their Capri.