Cougar Discuss all years of the Mercury Cougar here...

Is this restorable?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 01:24 AM
Default Is this restorable?

So as you can tell by my username, I am not much of a Ford guy. However, I recently discovered this awesome 1967 or 1968 Mercury Cougar that was just sitting in this old man's front yard in the middle of no where in Mississippi. The car instantly grabbed my attention and I knew I had to have it. The only problem is, the car is in really rough shape. It has been sitting in the grass for god knows how long and has been filled with garbage. I would love to have this car if it is worth restoring. I have never restored a car before and I don't want to go in over my head. From the photos I took, it appears it may be an XR-7 model. It appears to have the wood trim package on the inside. It does seem to have some damage to the back right side of the car. Maybe it was backed into a tree or something. So please tell me if you think it is worth restoring or not. I know it would be a huge project though. Thanks.

This is the link to the photos. They are from my Facebook and I have about six pictures: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

Old 08-17-2011, 07:56 AM

i would get it and start working on the body and start every where. the front fenders i know are the same year mustang fenders. the other parts you can get for the body there is a web sit that can help they are based out of california. it is west coast cougars

Old 09-02-2011, 02:09 AM

If there are marker lights on the front fenders its a 1968, If not its a1967. The engine is also a big factor on the worth of the car. I agree with 94cougarxr7, west coast classic cougars is the place to get just about everything you need to restore this car. good luck