Detailing Discuss detailing your ride inside and out here...

Headlight Lens Cleaner

Old 07-31-2005, 11:24 PM

I read where someone posted a problem about foggy headlight lenses and needed info about cleaning them. I tried the Wolfgang Lens Cleaning kit and believe me it works. My lenses were quite cloudy with a brownish stain but now they are very clear. Try it, you will like it. My dealer said they cannot be cleaned. How wrong they were. Salvatore

Old 05-27-2006, 04:27 AM

I found the largest seller/manufacturer of these headlight restoring kits - www.mdwholesale.com. They have tons of before and after pics and are less than half the price of the Wolfgang kit!It was only $15.99 for the entire kit - Wolfgang wants over $40! I bought mdwholesale's New Lite kit and am very pleased as it saved me a ton over what the dealer wanted for new lenses and my lights look brand new. Iemailed mdwholesale pics of my car to use for references.

Brad

Old 05-24-2007, 09:36 AM

Well, you can do it even cheaper.

I went to AdvanceAuto on Friday last week, they had a set with 8 pads, and a dremel which goes into your power drill. $9.99.

Since I'm not interested in putting in too much labor (a new headlight is $60), I went with it.

You spray water on the pad, which activates some chemical reaction, and start working on your hedlights.

Mine were brown too. Almost instantly, a messy mess was comming of them. I continued to spray water on it (as directed), and in less than 5 minutes I was done. The lights look like new, the plastic is smooth.

So 10 minutes of work, $10 invested, bought around the corner, and while I was holding the power drill, I could have had a drink.

RegardsEdited by: 92Mercury

Old 01-17-2008, 08:14 PM
Super Moderator

they sell these headlight renewal kits at wal-mart in the automotive dept. also. i had a friend do a wetsand and use a buffer on his since he had the stuff instead of buying the kit. his lights looked like new also. too bad i have the glass sealed beams. i have been thinking of getting the euro looking style like from a newer Caprice that was both headlights combined to mount instead of separate lights. be a more modern look with the classic bodystyle.

Old 08-13-2009, 11:58 PM

You should try Headlight Restoration Service ( www.hrslights.com ). I have used them on my cougar, and my headlights came back looking brand new. I hope this helps.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:53 AM
Bob

Wow! This site is full of spammers!

It's just polish. Any automotive polish will work on the head lights.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Wow! This site is full of spammers!

It's just polish. Any _clear_ automotive polish will work on the head lights.
fixed yer post

Old 09-02-2009, 06:40 AM
Bob

Originally Posted by slymer View Post
fixed yer post
What do you mean by clear?

Old 09-02-2009, 07:59 AM

polish wouldn't work too well if it was a color match polish for the paint. that stuff is not so clear.

Old 09-03-2009, 07:10 AM
Bob

Originally Posted by slymer View Post
polish wouldn't work too well if it was a color match polish for the paint. that stuff is not so clear.
Oh, I'd hope nobody was using that color matched stuff. It's just dyed fillers that hide defects and last about a week. LOL