General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

97 grand marquis 4.6(W) crank no start

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 07:37 PM
Default 97 grand marquis 4.6(W) crank no start

Hello my name is chad i am an auto tech. there is a 97 grand marquis that came in with a crank no start issue. ok here we go
turn the key to the run position and this is what i have; battery light solid on, air susp. light flashes once, and that is all. all lights work, brake lights too. i have power in all of my high amperage fuses and relays(fuse block next to battery). i have power at my EEC, and Fuel Pump relays. i have no power to the fuel, coils, or sensors, and my #7 fuse inside under the dash(i believe it's the pcm fuse).
here is what i have done, the car originally came in friday with the same issue, but it was inconsistent. i replaced all 6 gauge battery cables ground and +. car ran great and started it up about 50 times, no problems at all. so i sent it. came back same problem checked my work not the issue. but now it is consistently not working. i have just about everything ripped apart for a loose connection or something. i have probed and tested for hours and im stumped. please help i really need someones experience with these things. thanks