General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

engine miss help

Old 02-21-2006, 12:54 PM

I have an engine miss that I can't find on my 91' Marquis with the V8 5.0ltr HO mods. I Replaced the following.....plugs, wires, cap, rotor, coil, fuel pump & filter, fuel pressure regulator, ACT, ECT, TPS, new distributor and spark control module. The miss is not constant it comes and goes. I have no codes showing. It doesn't matter if its a bumpy road, rainy day, etc. It does it most right when the temp is about to open the thermostat or just after it opens. I never notice it when its idling. Did a cylinder balance test and it passsed. It doesn't seem to be at any certain engine speed but is more prominent when under a load or big hill. The miss is usualy only a one time miss then a minute later it will doo it again just once. Kinda like the key is being turned off and on shutting the engine off for that split second.

Old 02-26-2006, 09:51 PM

SOUNDS LIKE THE ONLY THING LEFT IS A INJECTOR TRY HAVING THEM CLEANED WITH A MACHINE NOT JUST THE ADDITIVE YOU PUT IN THE TANK IF THAT DOSENT HELP THE DEALER SHOULD BE ABLE O PINPOINT WHAT CYL IT IS GOOD LUCK