General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

Necessary Parts to remove from a 99 Grand Marquis

Old 10-29-2017, 05:16 PM
Default Necessary Parts to remove from a 99 Grand Marquis

Hi everyone!

I need insight on what parts should be removed from my Mercury which is no longer running, to keep for my new Mercury.

I had a 99 Grand Marquis and I loved it. The engine was still running strong and then I was told the frame was rotting out and I was operating on borrowed time. In the meantime I loved my Grand Marquis so much that I went and bought an '01 which is in pristine condition.

I just had the front end re-done on my '99 so I am going to have all of those parts removed. (They are less than a year old).
The list of parts I came up with are by category
Front End:
Control arms
Sway bars (I think?)
Upper and lower ball joints:

Engine:
Intake manifold (relatively new)
Coil Packs (relatively new)
Spark plugs and wires
Alternator
Battery (relatively new)
Fuel pump

Exhaust:
O2 sensor
Catalytic converter

Wheels/New Tires

Do Mercury Grand Marquis have any problem areas/parts I should remove for my new Mercury? Any other ideas will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Old 11-01-2017, 06:48 AM
Default INTERCHANGABLE pARTS

New member and I cant figure out how to make a new post, but i have a question on just about the same topic as the OP... i.e. interchangeable parts.

I have a 99 Grand Mar. I think the build date was Nov '99. I have become aware that part way into the model year Mercury started installing a somewhat never front brake and rotor set up. Rotor is larger and pads may be larger and the spindle is a little bit different.

My question : Can the newer, larger brake set up ( spindle, rotor, pads) be installed using the existing controls arm/ (suspension/swing arms) or does these upper and lower control arms suspension components have to be changed also?

I was at the junkyard and the control arms "look" to be same?

Thank you.