Grand Marquis Discuss the Mercury Grand Marquis here...

02 GM A/C Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 09:32 PM

Hi everyone!

Searched and did not see this anywhere, so please help!

I have a 02 Grand Marquis LSE; the A/C isn''t working...well at least the blower. I can hear the compressor kicking in and you can feel cold air at the vents but not being blown out of the vents. Checked the fuse and did the self test (Off/Floor buttons-Automatic) and got nothing. Test only showed all the available icons on display on at the same time after a little revolving icon.

What should I check next or have checked??

Old 07-30-2008, 06:49 AM

Does the blower work at all? At any speed? Does it have digital climate control?

Old 07-30-2008, 10:06 PM

This is an easy one because someone finally described the problem correctly.

If you are getting cold air but not any cfm''s through the vent then it is the blower. Check the voltage to the nearest connection first. The clean it off with connectio cleaner and give it a tap with a hammer. Sometimes these freeze up. if you have voltage and the connections are clean and the fuse is good, then it is defiently the blower. I would not even b other with checking the climate control center. you would not here the compressor kicking on if it was broke. they run on the same circuit.

change the blower

Old 07-31-2008, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by conan312
Does the blower work at all? At any speed? Does it have digital climate control?

No, blower does not work at all, zero. Yes, digital climate control.

Old 07-31-2008, 01:32 PM

Do you have a test light to make sure you have power at the blower motor? If so, run juice straight to the blower motor for a sure thing. Bad ground or connector. I would do this process of elimination before I bought a motor. I''d rather buy a relay or a switch. Let me know if you already did this.

Old 07-31-2008, 03:00 PM

if you have an electric fan on this then it should be the same relay as the blower. switch them and see if it is the relay. I agree see if you can jump out the blower. check the volts to it. you should have atleast 4.5Volts

Old 07-31-2008, 09:43 PM

Thanks guys, will get under the hood again tomorrow after work. Gotta this this fixed this weekend, weatherman saying 100+ here next week!!

Old 08-05-2008, 10:00 PM

OK update, but first a thanks for all the help!

Been under the weather this weekend and recruited a friend to help wrap this thing up (pro service tech...friend''s are great!). Checked the current to the motor...good. Checked current thru motor...good. Wait....re-do with test light rather than meter...bingo! Current TO THE MOTOR was not adequate. I had already purchased the climate control module (P/N 8W7Z-19E624-A), so we got it installed and TADA!!! cold A/C blown out the vents! All is back to normal in the Marq world.

Thanks again!!

Old 08-06-2008, 02:22 AM

Good stuff, stay COOL! LOL!

Old 08-16-2008, 11:02 PM

I AM HAPPY THAT CONAN HELPED YOU. HE IS A VERY SMART GUY. LISTEN TOHIM AND HE WILL HELP YOU IN THE FUTURE. HE IS ONE OF OUT TOP GUYS HERE AND ALWAYS WILLING TO HELP OUT.

GREAT JOB CONAN! I AM GLAD TO BE PART OF THE TEAM WITH YOU.

Quick Reply: 02 GM A/C Question