Grand Marquis Discuss the Mercury Grand Marquis here...

1989 Mercury Grand Marquis..Please help me if you can.

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 04:19 PM
Arrow 1989 Mercury Grand Marquis..Please help me if you can.

ok I'm your typical female trying to manage to do things on her own since her brothers aren't around to help. I've a 89 mercury grand marquis that has multiple problems but the main problem at the moment is that the AC has stopped blowing air at all. The defrost button lights up when I push the lever down but it doesn't blow either. I figured that either it's a fuse or that the blower and or motor has gone out. My second brother who works on cars from time to time told me to check the fuses first. Well I'm sure yall can imagine the sight of that lol I managed to get the flap down under the steering column where the fuses are but low and behold there is no diagram and a sign that said to look in the owners manual that didn't come equipped with the car. I've only had the car for a few months..it was a speedy purchase that my second brother got me because I needed some wheels fast after my wonderful camry that I had for 6yrs threw a rod when my good ole second brother borrowed it and broke it. Damn i miss that car cause everything had been working good on it. But anyway the Mercury was a quick fix and the body and interior is in remarkably wonderful condition. Now if the a/c worked again and the back windows would go down, i'd be very happy. Summer is an extremely hot time in florida and as an asthmatic, the summer is a difficult season for me. Anyway does anyone have a fuse box diagram that they can share with me so that I can try to fix the a/c please. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks yall. ~Kissy

Old 07-02-2009, 10:49 PM

Old 07-03-2009, 01:22 PM

If the fuses check out fine, you may also want to check the connector on the blower under the hood and make sure it's still connected. (wouldn't imagine that would be an issue, but it never hurts to check)

and you should've made your recker bro buy you an equal car for what he broke, or fix the one he broke (but I guess time issues and all). The defrost lever on the right is for the rear defroster. The front defroster deals with the lever that moves across the bottom. The end of that is the front defroster.

Old 07-03-2009, 10:17 PM
Smile thank you thank you :)

your wonderful help is greatly appreciated and i'll let you know how my little adventure goes as a newby mechanic..this should be very very interesting indeed lol thanks again ~Kissy