Grand Marquis Discuss the Mercury Grand Marquis here...

1996 Year interchange?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 03:30 AM
Default 1996 Year interchange?

What other years interchange with 96 and does CV front body parts also fit? Have a 96 GM the needs both headlight assemblies and header panel. Can't believe the price on these "new" from the aftermarket. Local yards don't have any GM cars left either.

Old 12-01-2017, 11:44 AM
Default Parts Interchange

Many parts from the '96 Grand Marquis are interchangeable with parts from the '95, '96, and '97 model years of Crown Vics, Grand Marquis, and Town Cars.
It all depends on which part(s) you are looking for.
For example, the entire front clips are interchangeable -- the front bumper covers are different in appearance, but they FIT..
Another example: spark plugs are the same for '95-'96-'97 4.6 liter engines, but are DIFFERENT for later years.
If you have any specific parts in mind, post your request here, and perhaps I can help.

Attached Thumbnails 1996 Year interchange?-grand-marquis.jpg  
Old 12-01-2017, 12:34 PM

Just found a 07/98 CV with a good HP, would it fit directly? Really trying to avoid aftermarket junk. Not many of these cars in my area. Other than headlights and grille, would a 05 mgm fit also? All the other cars are destroyed or missing. Honestly, other than that, they all look the same.

Old 12-01-2017, 02:02 PM

Sorry, but I don't know what you mean by "HP" -- I'm not good with abbreviations. ;>(

There are hundreds of Panther-platform cars here in Phoenix, and many of them are rust-free.
However, your '96 is now 21 years old -- and parts are getting hard to find.
Best sources for NEW parts at the best prices are Amazon.com and Rockauto.com.
I replaced my headlights and parking/corner lights with aftermarket ones I bought at Amazon.com.
I thought the prices were good, and the lights fit and worked perfectly.
My profile shows pictures of the new lights installed.
There were A LOT of changes between '96 and '05 -- both body and chassis.

I've also found parts from on-line recycling yards, but it takes a good bit of research..

Old 12-01-2017, 04:10 PM

HP = Header Panel I guess I'll have to go aftermarket.

Old 12-01-2017, 05:25 PM

Is this the one you used?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004GEHOI2/ref=ox_sc_act_image_2?smid=A3HXDPLQKNGIU2&psc=1 also needing headlights and chrome molding for one side.

Old 12-04-2017, 05:45 AM
Default Header Panel

I did not replace my Header Panel -- but the one you showed (from Amazon) is the correct part.
You can get the headlights and chrome trim from Amazon, too.
I got both headlites and the right-side chrome piece form Amazon -- (great price, fast delivery).

Attached Thumbnails 1996 Year interchange?-95-merc-flaming-gorge.jpg  
Old 03-06-2021, 01:45 AM
Default Cup holder/ ashtray

Originally Posted by 95 MERC
Many parts from the '96 Grand Marquis are interchangeable with parts from the '95, '96, and '97 model years of Crown Vics, Grand Marquis, and Town Cars.
For example, the entire front clips are interchangeable -- the front bumper covers are different in appearance, but they FIT..
Another example: spark plugs are the same for '95-'96-'97 4.6 liter engines, but are DIFFERENT for later years.
If you have any specific parts in mind, post your request here, and perhaps I can help.
I need a new cupholder/ ashtray for 96 Grand marquis which year of ford could I get on ebay it says 2001 crown vic will fit

Old 03-06-2021, 07:48 AM
Default Limited Choices

Originally Posted by Sensei1345
I need a new cupholder/ ashtray for 96 Grand marquis which year of ford could I get on ebay it says 2001 crown vic will fit
Chasing parts for 25-year-old, low-production cars is getting tricky -- Your best friends are E-bay and Auto Recyclers, with Junk Yards as an option.
I have gotten hard-to-find parts from out-of-state Auto Recyclers with great success.
I gotta ask -- did you throw your original ash tray out the window, or what !??

The famous 95 MERC's ashtray (same as yours) was modified to hold a GARMIN 66 LMT navigation system, with the Cigar Lighter as the base.
Good Luck !

95 MERC Engine Bay

Old 08-19-2021, 01:03 PM
Default Door panel

Originally Posted by 95 MERC
front driver door int what years are interchangeable with 96 driver side door panel

Quick Reply: 1996 Year interchange?