Grand Marquis Discuss the Mercury Grand Marquis here...

2004 Grand Marquis Single to Duel Exshust

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 09:06 AM
Default 2004 Grand Marquis Single to Duel Exshust

I am looking to change over the single Exhaust to Duel and also do something with the Air intake to the cold air intake.
Do not want to use K&N because they use oil in there filters.I'm looking for web sites or contacts where I can get proven part's for my car.My Dad gave me this car when it had 17500 miles on it and it was my moms but she died in Oct of 2008.My dad gave me this car and then he passed away in Jan 2009.So as you would probably know this car mean a lot to me.At this time there is 39300 mile on it and it looks like new. The only thing I have done is change oil &filter,new battery,New air & fuel filter,New Stock tires,and had it rust proofed and under body sound barrier because it was so clean,Done at Ziebart, which they respray every year,Ziebart also did the remote engine starter and alarm system and that works out great when it's hot and you want to cool down the car before getting in.same for heat of course. this car was always garaged and some other maintenance things have been done by me but I now seek Performance. I can not stand the single exhaust and almost every grand marquis in other years have duel that I have seen as stock. it has the 4.6L and good power but seems to hold back.it is very clean,never changed plugs yet but did pick up the bosh +2 Platinum waiting to put them in.looking for what ever help you my offer.you can e-mail me or go though this site but I need to now what others might do. Thanks to all.John A.Demers (USCG)Veteran
johndem1x@verizon.net

i