Grand Marquis Discuss the Mercury Grand Marquis here...

2007 Won’’t start after fueling

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 12:59 PM

they will never take out the motor and put in an older version. Actuall yhte motor that is n there is one of the best that Ford has ever put out. You just got a bad one. The electrical stuff is pretty easy when it is undrrstood. I think you got a car that has a hard to find problem and the dealer does not have the experience to fix it. With the car sales being down, they are not going to jump at it unless you have a letter. they like to do quick fix stuff and charge ford a huge time amount for repairs. They need to drop the gas tank and fully inspect it and the fuel sensors and everything that runs up to the fuel filter. Your problem seems like it is in the tank, thats why codes are not going off and they can not find it.

Old 06-29-2008, 01:02 PM

Hey one more thing, try to keep your cool when talking to them and the mechanics. it makes they mechanic look bad infront of the boss when he can not fix it. If they do have to drop the tank, I have seen P O mechanics say it was abuse or something was put in the gas that was not suppose to be in there Like sugar or something and that is why it is this way, so therefor it is not covered under warranty.So be cool and just let them know you are a stand up honest guy that just wants it fixed correctly

Old 06-30-2008, 09:37 AM

Sounds like it''s time to get the Ford regional rep involved. I bet it would get fixed much faster.

Old 07-01-2008, 01:27 PM

I am wondering if the charcoal canister is getting loaded up with fuel vapors somehow and when you open the gas cap atmoshperic pressure is pushing the fuel thru the evap line and flooding the manifold with vapors or raw fuel. I would look at the hose from the purge solanoid and see if you can see any fuel or maybe just unplug it and after refueling it see if you have the same problem. Also a side note. When the computer sees the accellerator pedal is to the floorwhile cranking it goes into "clear Flood mode" much like how you would clear the old carb cars. This mode turns off the injectors so only air goes into the engine to help it restart. If you pump it or hold it half way the injectors will be injecting and with an already flooded engine that doesn''''t help. Also what about the amount of fuel. Does it do it when only filling or does it do it with 1 or two gallons? Edited by: scott89racin

Old 07-01-2008, 09:43 PM

I never put the pedal more than 1/2 way down when starting it, and vary the pedal from almost full up to 1/4 down while cranking, just enough to fool the computer into continuing to apply an acceleration signal....the car has never been flooded....there is no manifold, fuel is railed to each "injector"....(previous posts)...the car refuses to start evenif NO fuel is put in...also see the earlier posts with experiment 1 and 2....

But ya know...maybe you have another hint to look at if the pressure/vacuum relieved from the tank causes the computer to think it needs any clear mode while cranking...Thanks...

Old 07-02-2008, 09:33 AM

I am curious now. I have been out of the car business for a4 years (I worked on cars for 14 years)now but since when did they get rid of intake manifolds? If this is true then how does it get air to each cylinder?does the car smell flooded or not? Also maybe ashot of starting fluid to see if it is spark or fuel related.

Old 07-02-2008, 12:25 PM

the best way to get a good night sleep over this is to just get the rep like scott89mracing said or a lawyer involved. trying to fix this yourself may hold you responsible when you are dealing with the lemon law. Since you are not certified and this is a problem they have no idea about, leave it to the law experts and have them get you a new car.