Grand Marquis Discuss the Mercury Grand Marquis here...

2008 MGM - Changes

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 01:14 PM

I really liked the funny comments the editor made:

"The 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis is old, handles like the U.S.S. Nimitz and is outdone by a variety of equally large, safe and powerful competitors -- including Mercury's own Sable. Only those who yearn for 1970s-era land yachts need apply."

I disagree, I don't think it's outdone, I still keep a little Sable in the trunk as a spare.
<DT>What's New for 2008

The Mercury Grand Marquis sails into 2008 with only minor changes to the options list. A new rear air suspension is available, while last year's Handling Package that increased power and improved handling has been eliminated.

So power will remain at 224 horsepower and 275 pound-feet of torque.

Greetings!</DT>Edited by: 92Mercury

Old 11-15-2007, 11:59 AM

Im with you on that one, i keep my old suv in my trunk as a spare. LOL.

Ill choose the reliability and same stlye over dumb imports with huge wings and smallllllll tires any day.

Like i say, "Go ahead, drive a import, I need your gas anyway."

-cheers

Old 11-15-2007, 01:11 PM

Yep, and with the terrible road conditions up here, you really float over them, no comparison to the bouncing around in a little car, or for that matter, in the Explorer.

Besides, as stated before, the fuel mileage is, which I personally think, incredible for a big V8, this engine is very good on it.

We are having our first snowflakes on here. Am planning on getting new tires for the rear, saw they have Goodyear's at Wal-Mart in our size on sale (in store only, not on their web-page), for $51 a piece. Great deal for a brand name tire.

Nerveless, 2 bags of ice melt will go into the trunk. The additional weight really makes a difference. And with our trunks, gee, there's still enough space for the Sable, or your old SUV. LOL

It's going to be my first experience with it in the snow and on icy roads. Drove a little Mercedes 190 last winter, but had new tires on it. Never really had an issue, I remember only once where it took me a little bit to get going on icy roads, even without any weight in the trunk.

Greetings!

Old 11-16-2007, 12:52 AM

what state are you located in if you dont mind me asking so??

yah i hope they have a good deal on tires at my wal mart i did toooooo many burnouts with summer no tires left :O

-cheers

Old 11-16-2007, 05:27 PM

Indiana.

Another feature not very well designed, it states city and state in your profile, but not visible to others. "United States" it says, well thanks, go figure! LOL

Greetings!

Old 11-16-2007, 09:45 PM

And finally, the dash is getting a bit more modern:

[img]uploads/92Mercury/mercury_grandmarquis_gs_2008_dashboard_dashboard_6 40x480.jpg[/img]

[img]uploads/92Mercury/mercury_grandmarquis_gs_2008_interior_gearshift_64 0x480.jpg[/img]

[img]uploads/92Mercury/mercury_grandmarquis_gs_2008_dashboard_instrumentc luster_640x480.jpg[/img]

Greetings!

Old 11-20-2007, 10:06 AM

I like the newer dash with the tach and the info center - noticed the CV and the Town car got the same thing in 06+.

I dont think my dash is too "old fashion" either [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img] would have liked to have had the digital cluster, but buying "used" you dont have quite as many choices [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]

Old 11-20-2007, 10:15 AM

was looking at prices yesterday and noticed that a nicely dressed GS with leather was still just a bit over $27k, and the LS just over $30. [img]smileys/smiley16.gif[/img]

Guess it'll be a while before I grab a new one tho but i'm thrilled with what i have [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

Old 11-20-2007, 12:20 PM

I actually don't like the dash I posted, it looks so narrow, like someone squeezed those tiny dials into this huge cruiser. I prefer sort of your style, but with a tachometer.

I have a '92, so I still have the wandering needle. U.S.S. Nimitz style. [img]smileys/smiley8.gif[/img]

And you don't have to wait, see my other posting, you can pick up '07 models for around $15K, wait another year, and you can get a '08 model for that.

Greetings!

Old 11-20-2007, 12:44 PM

Well probably be a while longer, my money tree just dropped all its "cash" this fall, and the wind has blown the $$'s away[img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img] hahaha...

Well, there's plenty of time to pick up an 07 or 08 for that fact but i'll wait, happy with this one.

I like the front grille change in 06+ but not fond of the clear look to the rear, but guess they were trying to give it a different look from 03-05. those 05's with the rear antenna I always thought gave the car a nice touch, wish that had remained as well.

Quick Reply: 2008 MGM - Changes