Grand Marquis Discuss the Mercury Grand Marquis here...

99’’ Dome light issue! PLEASE help

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 11:46 PM

Hey guys.. I bought a 99 Marquis LS about 3 or 4 months ago. I LOVE it. Recently though, Ive had a problem with the dome light coming on and off.. It seems like one night it just started out of no where, people were like hey man your dome lights on.. so id go shut it off, and turn around and bam its on again.

So now, pretty much EVERYTIME i shut off my car and close the door the dome light turns on! And it will shut off, and come on, shut off, come on ALL night..

So I first shrugged it off, because it never drained my battery.. Until a few days ago.. car was dead. Now I have to jump it everyday.

This is getting ridiculous, WHAT is going on with my dome light and how can I turn it off?!

If no one has any similar problems or knows the fix, HOW can I atleast disconnect my dome light so it doesnt drain my battery every night?

Thanks alot guys.

Old 07-10-2008, 07:48 PM

take out the light bulb for now. If it is still on with the bulb out, then you have a ghost....with the bulb out this will close the circuit. with the bulb in it will allow juice to flow through and be drained. If you pull the fuse it will take out all the interior lights. I don''t think you want that.

Most likely you have a bad ground to the light. To fix it you are going to know how many volts you should have when on and off. You will need a mercury electrical book for that.Then trace the wire back to the fuse panel. the ground is near it and was probably disconnected or disturbed when they took off a alarm or something else just before you purchased it. Look for loose wire ot a wire that is cut half way with wire out touching something.