Grand Marquis Discuss the Mercury Grand Marquis here...

acc power relay

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 10:27 AM

I have a 1993 mgm and the driver window doesnt operate. the motor switch and regulator are all good. i think it is the relay and its only 6 dollars. I cant find the location is my only problem. Anyone know where it is?

Thanks
Adam

Old 11-02-2008, 09:58 PM

if you try to roll the window do you hear the motor turning in the door? You may need to replace the nylon plugs in the window motor. I had to do that with my wife''s 93 vic. though I replaced the nylon plugs with ball bearings so I wouldn''t have to do it ever again.

you''ll need a t-30 (or t-25... can''''t remember which off the top of my head) star driver to get the motor out to replace those plugs.

I couldn''t find a relay in the wiring diagrams except for the main accessory relay. if that was bad, none of the windows would work, much less many other items. more than likely, if it''s just the one door, it''s probably the motor. Either the connector going to the motor came loose, the nylon plugs in the motor have somehow jammed it, the motor gear lost a tooth and has jammed, or the nylon plugs just need replacing. the motor gear and plugs are pretty cheap. Hopefully it isn''t the motor.

the power window motor gear kit (gear only) is about $25 at autozone. the nylon plugs are about $8. Bearings at a hardware store should run you less than $3 if you go the route I did. These prices are all per door and local to me.Edited by: slymer

Old 11-03-2008, 06:44 AM

i already checked the plugs. i had a 89 towncar for a bit and learned about that then. thanks for the info though. when you plug the motor into the harness you get nothing. no movement. i bought a new motor and it didnt work at all either plugged in. i can only assume the switch is bad. im going to the yard this morning to "get" one. thanks for the lookout