Grand Marquis Discuss the Mercury Grand Marquis here...

Electrical Demon in my 07' Marquis.

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2022, 11:33 AM
Default Electrical Demon in my 07' Marquis.

Hi, I recently picked up a 2007 Marquis with 58,000 miles. Its been a nice car, but recently its started to develop a wide variety of electrical issues in the past few months that are getting worse. I'm pretty sure all of the issues are connected to something, I'm just not sure what.

When the headlights are on, and the front right wheel hits bumps/potholes, the anti theft light comes on solid for abput 2 seconds, and the rpms drop to 400-500. If I press the gas while this happens, It revs the engine like its in neutral, and no force is applied to the wheels. When the car recovers, I can feel it shift back into gear once you give it gas again. If I keep hitting bumps while this happens the car completely stalls out.

The right blinker light on my instrument cluster also flashes while going over bumps/potholes, and sometimes is just dimly lit while driving with the headlights on. The horn sometimes makes the right blinker light flash as well, and sometimes stalls the car.

The power locks, power windows, dome light, back window defroster, and key fob receiver all also work intermittently and like to turn on and off at random intervals. The power steering gets weaker randomly as well.

I brought it to a Ford dealership and they told me it was a bad instrument cluster. I swapped it out with a new one but the problems persisted. At this point the only thing I can think of is that the computer is bad.

If anybody out there has some sage knowledge about this, I'd really appreciate it. I'm going crazy trying to figure out whats wrong.