Grand Marquis Discuss the Mercury Grand Marquis here...

A few more questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 09:27 AM
Default A few more questions

I've got a few questions regarding the car.

First, I hear a water rushing noise when you give the car gas. Been like that since we bought the car. Doesn't burn antifreeze and the antifreeze level hasn't ever changed. Was wondering what it might be, sounds like it coming from the dash.

Second, the blower control only works when set to high, otherwise no air blows out. Is this related to the HVAC control module itself or something else?

Third, is there a how-to for getting the headlights off? I don't see why Ford couldn't just use bolts like the rest of the auto industry. I'm not really sure how you get those plastic nuts off. I need to replace the passenger one since the lens has a hole in it. Amazed the bulb(s) hasn't blown out yet.

Fourth, lately there seems to be a clunking noise coming from the back of the car. I can't really seem to pinpoint when it does it. Sometimes while accelerating, sometimes while braking. When I go over a speed bump the suspension makes no unusual noises...perfectly quiet.

Thanks in advance!

Old 03-04-2010, 10:13 AM

1. make sure the coolant level is topped off. If there's air in the system you will get this sound.

2. If I remember right, you have a more recent model. Check this out: http://www.p71interceptor.com/eatcsw...ontroller.html

3. Not sure on this one. Usually you have to take the bumper cover off to get at the bolts on the bottom of the headlights.

4. make sure your spare tire and jack are bolted securely and not floating. This will cause that noise.