Grand Marquis Discuss the Mercury Grand Marquis here...

Floorshift

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 08:03 AM

< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>
With the stop and go traffic here? And no real curves? Naa, I rather let the automatic do the work.

Kinda strange anyway, everything is powered, not even the windows are cranked anymore, but then shifting manually???????? [img]smileys/smiley24.gif[/img]

Greetings!
< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-45";
urchinTracker();
</>

Old 01-04-2008, 03:17 PM

ya true but i still would love a 5 speed...i mean since mine is a """race""" car if you will, it would be nice to be able to downshift at any time and hard. LOL

by by rearend

-cheers

Old 01-06-2008, 03:18 AM

Sure, I know what you mean. But then go for a 6-speed. LOL

I actually met a guy one time, he had a supercharger on his CrownVic. Well, the PI's have a aluminum drive-shaft, which he installed in order to reduce weight.

Yes, you guessed right. First everything was okay, but after a few months (he goes to the drag strip's), he noticed weird behavior, which came from an unbalanced drive-shaft, he bent it.

Greetings!
</>

< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-45";
urchinTracker();
</>

Old 01-07-2008, 12:13 AM

haha yah thatll do it. I also have a aluminum PI driveshaft in mine as well as the p71 rearend, but i personally dont think that it could hold up to my punishment.

a 6-speed would be quit awesome. its a challenge to put in but i heard that its totally worth it in the end.

-cheers

Old 01-08-2008, 07:33 PM

</>
Whats the utube link????

FLoor shift rocks by the way!!
< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-45";
urchinTracker();
</>

Old 01-08-2008, 09:21 PM

just youtube search manual grand marquis

or manual crown victoria

Old 01-14-2008, 07:19 AM

</>Just bought an 02 with that console shift, it is sweet. Looked through 58 cars before I found that one.</>Edited by: Dieseldude4x4

Old 03-24-2008, 08:56 PM

</>
Hi

I have read your posts with interest and some of thestuff you are trying. Some interesting ideas. Thanks.

By the picture, this is a 02-04 LS LSE. It looks a lot like my 03, but these things are so rare that I have not seen an 02 or 04 in my area for comparison. I boughtmy 03 in December 31, 05 with about 40K miles. I have been trying to find production numbers for the LSE optionedMerc'swith no luck.Any ideas?

Founda web site with pics and info for another spruce green 03 that which stated a dealer could only get one and not all dealersordered an LSE.If ture this this model should be fairly rare.

The LSE'sarepassenger mercs.They come with the handling package,which includes astiffer suspension and 3.27 rear axel gear ratio, dual exhaust and 239hp. I have read that the top end withthis axle islimited to110mph with the rev limiter set at 4250rpm. For comparisonI same article stated that thepolice version (crown vic's "police package") has the rev limiter set at 4750 and tops out at about 129mph.I have also read that trying to increase the rpm's on these engines will likely cause them to come apart (blowup).

The03LSE is the second best handling LSI have owned. The first is my dark blue 92 LS which I refuse to get rid of even after hitting a large mule deer last summer. According to the insurance adjuster $7,000 damage. After hitting the deer I drove the car another 350 miles.The deer never touched the bumper and the Radand AC did notleaked. Best car ever. I am in the process of putting it back together.Got all the parts at my local supplier, buthad to let the car sit all winter.

03MGMLSLSE
< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-45";
urchinTracker();
</>