Grand Marquis Discuss the Mercury Grand Marquis here...

flowmasters?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 11:55 PM
Default flowmasters?

I was wondering about how much flow masters go for and how much to install. If its to high i might just get glass packs because im not really wondered about performance , just want my car to be super loud. How much do glass packs run for?

Old 10-07-2009, 11:13 AM

i got my flowmasters for $ 310 thats put on and the tips and mufflers and the extra pipe cuz my car only had one to start with.... glass packs are cheap prob like 50 a piece but you also pay for quality too...

Old 10-07-2009, 02:34 PM

if you really want loud... just run straight pipes (if you're not in an emission controlled area) and put some 4 inch tips on the end (will work like a megaphone). If they require mufflers, then get any straight through style and you'll be good to go for the loud. If you're in an emission controlled area, leave the cats on and do the rest as open as possible with the wide tips.

Old 10-08-2009, 10:46 PM

well i want loud but i don't want straights, one of my neighbors have them and i don't like the way they sound. but i want my car to sound more like an old school type, or like a big truck so i think im just ganna get glass packs.

Old 10-09-2009, 10:54 AM

well if you want the old school sound then cherry bombs or flowmaster 40 series are prob your best bet... and cherry bombs will be your best bet if you want the old school sound plus cheaper price... i went with flowmaster because i like the sound and they are dependable...

Old 10-12-2009, 09:27 PM

alright well i went to cherrybomb.com to see and listen to all the choices I had and iv decided either on the pro or extreme exhaust. Now my question is about how much is it ganna cost to get it installed and can I just go to a muffler shop?

Old 10-13-2009, 11:32 AM

i would say say itll be about 200 or so for the piping, hangers, labor and exhaust tips not including your mufflers... and it may be more depending on where you go and how big of tips you get... so over all your prob looking at about 300 or 350...