Grand Marquis Discuss the Mercury Grand Marquis here...

Heater hose adapter / other help / please

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 12:24 AM
Default Heater hose adapter / other help / please

First time posting to this website.

2002 grand marquis. No modifications. 203k miles (purchased with under 30k).

A few weekends ago I power washed under my hood. I know now how dumb that was, and have already been yelled at by my mechanic and others......

A few days later my engine started to "miss". Based on experience, I figured I needed a coil. The symptoms continued and still, I was most confident a coil was needed. Problem was....which one? My check engine light never came on so I did not know what coil to change.

The other night while driving my car was missing worse, so I had to give it a lot of gas so it would move/kick in. At this point I noticed smoke from the back of my car and I pulled over. It appeared to be coming from the exhaust. There was also a lot of heavy white smoke under the hood. The heater core hose that runs into the intake was off.

The problem that I have now is that the plastic heater hose adapter is broken off inside the intake.

How do I remove the plastic heater hose adapter from the intake?
I already tried removing the plastic piece but pieces of the plastic broke off and went inside the intake so I decided to stop.

Is there a fix or do I need to buy a brand new intake manifold?
If I need to buy a new intake manifold, should I get this from the ford dealer or what autozone / pep boys should be okay?

I assume I need to also purchased 8 new coil packs as well as 8 new spark plugs.

Thank you very much for your help and concern.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:37 AM

Another post from the idiot who power washed under his hood.

Considering the car has over 200k miles on it, would it make sense to just replace the intake manifold?

Also, regarding the small plastic pieces of the adapter that fell down into the intake, what damage did that may have caused? What other damage could I have caused by overheating? What should I do?