I have a 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis GS and have no Air Suspension Switch - Mercury Forum - Mercury Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Mercury Forum - Mercury Enthusiasts Forums > Vehicle Line Up > Grand Marquis
Reload this Page >

I have a 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis GS and have no Air Suspension Switch

Grand Marquis Discuss the Mercury Grand Marquis here...

I have a 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis GS and have no Air Suspension Switch

Old 09-13-2018, 09:22 PM
Default I have a 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis GS and have no Air Suspension Switch

I have a 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis GS and have no Air Suspension Switch in the trunk on the left side like the manual says. Would it be safe for me to jack my car to change my brakes? and do an oil change?

Old 09-15-2018, 04:52 PM

If the car has the "air suspension" (air bags in rear), then the switch must be there.
To determine if your car has the air suspension, look under the rear of the car -- above the rear axle -- if you see coil springs, = no air suspension and no switch.
If you see rubber air bags, but cannot locate the shut-off switch --
You may jack up the car AFTER dis-connecting the NEGATIVE battery cable.
Dis-connecting the battery cable will prevent the air suspension compressor from running while you're working on the car.
The factory shop manual specifies that the NEGATIVE battery cable be dis-connected during ANY parts removal and/or repairs to the electrical system and/or it's components.