Grand Marquis Discuss the Mercury Grand Marquis here...

key fob/door code not working

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2023, 11:13 AM
Default key fob/door code not working

2010. Key fob and door code used to work. then they stopped.
Door digits no longer light up when trying to enter a code. Interior lights stopped lighting up when the door was opened. However, when the door is closed and locked, the interior lights came on and stayed on. I pulled the fuse for the interior lights and it looked good. Put it back in, lights came on. While sitting in the car the key fob worked. Stepped out of the vehicle and it stopped working. Got back in and it didn't work again. Pulled the fuse, put it back in, and it worked again, until I stepped out of the vehicle and tried. Replaced the battery in the key fob but have the same issue.

Looked at the fuse for the door lock and it looked good, but still replaced it. Upon putting in the fuse, I hear what sounds like a faint clicking sound, just behind the fuse box, that continues for about 10 seconds. The same fuse also controls: Power mirrors, Door lock switches Mirror switch, Keypad switch, Decklid switch, Adjustable pedal switch, Driver’s door module. Tried to adjust the exterior mirror, electric door lock and trunk button, none are working either.

Any suggestions on what I need to check next? thanks

Last edited by dkb92; 01-25-2023 at 11:46 AM. Reason: updated info.