Grand Marquis Discuss the Mercury Grand Marquis here...

my "96" grand marquis

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 06:17 PM

ive got a 96 grand marquis and just wanted to throw sum questions to those who know. so can i do a dual exhaust on that honey or does it just not work like that. and also i need sum straight up help with my window regulator... how the **** do u get that out because the screws on the bottom of the whatever its called to take out the regulator dont have anything to put a socket into or any kind of screwdriver and i almost cuz my finger off so if u can provide sum help thanks verrry much my finger says. and does anyone else have suspention problems just replaced my upper and lower ball joints and now hes sayin i gatta do the sway arm cuz my wheel woobles and sways when i hit a bump but im a class A driver and can handle it but just wanna kno how to fix it cuz it gets annoying somethime thanks yal Edited by: wphillips42

Old 10-26-2008, 01:12 AM

Flowmaster duals will do your car good and the sound with 40''s or 50''s will sound awesome...

At least that''s one question answered [img]smileys/smiley14.gif[/img]

Old 10-30-2008, 07:07 PM

Dual exhaust is easy on a Marquis since it''s a factory option.

On the window motor. Block the window up with a piece of wood first to keep your fingers intact. Then, if there are no holes in the door sheet metal to access the bolts there will be small dimples in the metal to tell you where to drill the access holes.

If the ball joints didn''t fix the suspension, then I''d say it''s either worn out tie rod ends, or the wheel bearings are shot. Either way, I doubt if bad sway bar bushing are causing the problem.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:45 PM

I just had to replace the control arm bushings on my wife''s 93 vic. in your case I would definitely check the bearings (pretty easy... just take the wheel off and see if you can wiggle the hub assembly north and south... this may require removing the brake caliper and rotor though). Definitely check the control arm bushings. if the rubber looks squeezed on any bushing, it needs to be replaced. you may also want to check to see if the shocks need to be replaces. Just push down on the bumper (or find a good solid place to stand on the front of the car and then jump off) and see if it does more than just rebound to the home position. if it oscillates once (up, down, center) you may have worn shocks. If it bounces more than once, you definitely have worn shocks. You may also need to check the idler arm on the actual steering. That caused one car I used to have to lean more to one side when cornering. and you may just need to nut and bolt the front end (make sure everything is tightened to spec) and that nothing is loose.

I''d check the hub first. loosing a wheel while running down the road truly sucks.