Mercury  Forum - Mercury Enthusiasts Forums

Mercury Forum - Mercury Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.mercuryforum.com/forum/)
-   Grand Marquis (https://www.mercuryforum.com/forum/grand-marquis-14/)
-   -   Windshield De-Icer (https://www.mercuryforum.com/forum/grand-marquis-14/windshield-de-icer-1239/)

Duffy 11-05-2007 06:04 PM

< =>
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//-->
</>
[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]Seek and ye shall find!

92Mercury 11-06-2007 10:39 AM

But it just takes so much time and effort, for such little (and unimportant) things. LOL

Greetings!

92mercmadman 11-06-2007 10:08 PM

i just read this and though i would add that under the trim in my 1992(built in 1991) it has the plug and spare area inbetween the rear defrost and antenna switches.

i had no inclination to use it so i used that area to drill holes for L.E.D. strobe switches.

thought id add my experience.

-ben

92Mercury 11-07-2007 07:16 AM

Well, that's Ford. Mine is built '92, guess they decided to save some money.

With your setup, it's worth swapping the windshield once necessary and install the heated one. Wiring already there, switch is not that big of an issue, and certainly not the relays.

Greetings!

92mercmadman 11-07-2007 03:30 PM

yah that is another type pf thing id like to do, any idea on price of the windsheild for this setup?

-thanks

92Mercury 11-07-2007 06:51 PM

Actually, yes, Homan Glass here quoted me $175 installed, they come to your home or work place and do it on site.

Greetings!

92mercmadman 11-07-2007 09:28 PM

wow thats not bad at all really!!

Now another question?? Where can i get the switch itself?

Im not sure on going for it totally otherwise im sure the wiring isnt too bad if someone wants the pigtail and its related components.

-cheers

[img]smileys/smiley14.gif[/img]

92Mercury 11-08-2007 03:31 AM

I thought so too.

Well, I ran across the switch on eBay, I was actually unaware of this option. It is not listed in the original brochure from '92, strange, isn't it? Might be '93 or even '94.

Anyhow, this was the only one I ever saw.

However, unless my windshield gets whacked (no thanks, don't need your assistance [img]smileys/smiley8.gif[/img]), I'm not going to do anything with it.

Greetings!

92mercmadman 11-08-2007 02:53 PM

haha thats where im at with it i dont want to replace a perfectly good windsheild when like you said earlier in this topic a peice of cardboard will do just fine.

-cheers

92Mercury 11-08-2007 08:06 PM

You're taking the words out of my mouth.

I have a nice rectangular piece of card box, which I put on my windshield. I turn of the ignition while the wipers are about in the middle of the windshield.

They don't freeze on, I throw the card box in the trunk, and am ready to go.

And while I'm doing it, the engine is getting a few seconds to warm up.

At the end, this spray-on stuff they sell which melts ice on your windows does the same trick, and it works on my side windows and rear view mirrors as well. Lucky me, my rear heated window is working just fine.

Greetings!