Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here...

88 MGM Dual Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 03:35 PM
Default 88 MGM Dual Exhaust

so far...
magnaflow mufflers and cats (stock size - 2 inch) and H-pipe installed.

I'm going to shave the tips to be level with the bumper and probably put some tips on them.

Old 09-01-2009, 06:49 PM

how much did that cost? im thinking about doin that to my car as well...

Old 09-01-2009, 08:56 PM

I had a shop do it since I'm lazy and had the money. it was about $300 to add the H pipe and driver side tail with a magnaflow muffler. the other side had already been replaced with a magnaflow a while back when the stock muffler detonated (went BOOM - that was an interesting day). So add about $160 for another muffler plus labor. I had this done at a good local muffler shop and not a chain like Midas or the like (ilk?). If you just do stock type mufflers, you can reduce that price. If you do it yourself, you can strip a police interceptor or other stock dual from the same body style in a junk yard and mount it up (don't forget the hangers) for a lot less. Autozone also sells the part (though it may be special order) for around $100 for the pipes and then add the muffler and hangers and welding time.

Old 09-05-2009, 07:58 PM

well theres a shop around here that does a really good job so im gonna go to them and see how much it will be for the parts and labor and i also have a friend that welds and he said he will do it for free so im gonna price the parts with and without labor and if its not a big difference than im gonna just let them do it. but i was wanting flo masters at first but ive heard alot of people tell me that magna flow was a better choice... i want it to sound good but i want it to be loud as well... do you have any reccomendations for me? does yours sound good?

Old 09-05-2009, 09:13 PM

mine sounds good, but it's not loud. to get loud you'll need some good headers, high flow cats (seriously, check the CFM vs regular cats as best as you can... metal cats usually flow better, but can generate some rasp in the exhaust note), and then the straight through mufflers (resonators really, like twisters) and have the whole setup be custom 2.5inch pipes and maybe terminate with some 3 inch truck tips. I prefer the low rumble mine makes, but since I have stock headers, and standard flow cats, it'll never be loud.

if you're in an area that is not emission controlled, you can do away with the cats and that will really help get it loud... but that only works on cars that don't have oxygen sensors after the cats... otherwise you'll have a check engine light permanently.

Old 09-06-2009, 01:34 PM

yeh... some body told me to check out the flomaster racing exhaust... they said it was a whole lot louder then regular exhaust and it sounds good too....

Old 09-09-2009, 11:17 AM

after looking on the internet and researching the different exhausts and the different paths that i can choose to take im deciding on either cherry bombs flow master 40 series or flowmaster delta 44 series... flowmaster 40 series and cherry bomb sound about the same to me.... delta 44 series is a little lower sound and a litle louder... i think i might stick between the 44 series and the 40 series... the cherry bombs are loud but thier cheap which is a bonus but ive heard thier not near as reliable as flowmaster... i dont know what to do though... im gonna be getting exhaust soon so i need to decide... lt me know what you think and get back to me soon...

Old 09-09-2009, 03:02 PM

Personally I prefer something without baffles. They generally last longer and provide better flow. But if you're just going for sound, go with your gut and get what you like.

Old 09-09-2009, 04:46 PM

yeh... and maybe ill blow the baffles out... lol...

Old 09-17-2009, 11:59 AM

I have a problem... Im not satisfied with the power of my mgm and i want more what do you think?

Quick Reply: 88 MGM Dual Exhaust